So apparently there is a TV show called Alias. I have never seen it and I don't know what it's about. But I really like the title, "Alias." I recently read a book called Alias Grace, another cool title. An old roommate told me once that if you want to know what your "soap opera" name is, you take your middle name and combine it with the name of the street you grew up on. So I would be Lara Chris. Not bad. Mike would be Eugene Sawtooth. Even better. I wish I grew up on a street named Stoneyfield, then I could be Lara Stoneyfield.
In a recent church meeting I was asked to give the opening prayer. But when they announced the prayer, they announced that Jackie Tillman would be saying it. So when it was time, I stayed in my seat and waited for "Jackie" to get up. But then I noticed someone looking at me and motioning me to get up. So I said the prayer. Luckily someone else explained to the lady who asked me that I was in fact Wendy, not Jackie Tillman.
Mike is always coming up with a new alias for himself. His old alias is Jimmy Blitzen, and he still gets lots of emails for Jimmy Blitzen. I probably shouldn't tell what his new alias is. For me, I decided that my new alias is Tina Sparkle.
8 comments:
Dear Tina Sparkle,
Have you seen that crazy "strictly ballroom" movie by chance? Quite funny as I am sure you know.
p.s. I love your alias
My Name shall be Bryant Bitteroot. Wendy, I have bad news for you...Abby chose that Alias years ago, in fact it is her bowling name. She likes "Strictly Ballroom" too.
Wendy, you never heard of the show "Alias?" That has been my favorite show for the past who knows how many years! I am glad that you finally discovered it. They are going to end it this season, it will be a block buster season. Glad to have you in the Alias fan club.
wait, I didn't say I'm in the Alias fan club. We don't even own a TV. I heard there was a show called Alias and I really like that name but I don't even know what the show is. Sorry to disapoint you. We are out of the loop in our TV-free lifestyle.
Hmm, it seems to me that since "Strictly Ballroom" came out at the same time across the country and Wendy and Abby could have theoretically seen the movie at the same time, no one can claim precedence to the name. Both have equal claim to the name. Wendy's public declaration gives her a claim of fame to add to the name. There's no one to blame.
My name is Darwin 1600 North.
uh, somehow that kills the game
I could be Ann Bitterroot. Rich would be Lehi 2600 North-- he's related to Dad. People who grew up in Utah sound like secret agents instead of soap opera stars. I have never seen Alias, nor have I see anything that is considered "popular prime time" -- so I am in the same "loop" you guys are. In fact, all my friends were talking about American Idol the other day and I have never seen an episode of that either. I guess I am very Un-American! I do try and watch Rosemary and Thyme every once in a while on PBS. I guess I should pick more of an old lady-alias name since I only ever watch dumb British shows on PBS. I will be Violet Thornberry.
Okay, so I realize this post is 8 months old, but I have so many things to comment on.
Firstly, I love the show Alias. I didn't watch it until it came out on dvd. We checked it out from the library. We have a tv, but get no stations. Fabulous show.
Secondly, I had a college roommate tell me your soap opera name is your middle name with your mom's maiden name. I would be Kristine Eyre. She was Isabel De La Cruz. How cool was that? Going off your street name alias, I would be Kristine Creston. Not so great. Or I guess I could pick a different childhood street and be Kristine Kellogg.
Post a Comment