Sunday, October 15, 2006

Craters of the Moon

Mike invited me and Ian on a journey this past Saturday to Craters of the Moon National Park. We had lots of fun hiking around, peeking in caves and looking at lots and lots of lava rock.














We brought our lunch to eat and ate dinner in Arco, Idaho at a interesting diner called "Pickles Place." Ian had tons of fun, he loves rocks and loves hiking and looking at things. But he was exhausted by they time we got home and threw a screaming fit until we got him in bed.

5 comments:

michaelstubbs said...

Mmmm, Pickles Place. Isn't that the home of the Atomic Burger?

Jangs said...

Ah yes I spent an interesting day at Craters as a mom chaperone for a group of 6th graders. My advise...take lots of water and fresh batteries for your flashlight. Nothing like following the flashlight of a sixth grader through a lava tube because your batteries went dead. I think there is a church talk in that. By the way that is a cute kid pointing the way. I would follow him

Julie said...

That looks like fun! It has been years since I have been there-- about 17 years...

miss diddly said...

I want to raise my kids in Idaho. So many fun adventures...pickle palce. I remember that place.

Julie said...

mmmmmm. Pickles sound good right now. No kidding.