Thursday, April 24, 2008

Nothing to say...

Do I have nothing to say or or just nothing to say to the world wide web? I have been avoiding saying anything because I don't have anything really GOOD to say and I don't want a post to sound like I'm looking for pity. It has been a tough month, weaning Eliza and trying to convince her to eat solid foods. She is getting better every day, she loves yogurt and eats it about 4 times a day with a yogurt smoothie in the middle of the night. Hopefully she will start gaining weight soon. She's finally starting to sleep at nights by herself, in her bed. Ian threw up all last night for who knows what reason. He seems to have a sensitive gag reflex or something because he does this ALL THE TIME. He's getting his tonsils taking out next month because they are large, maybe that has something to do with it. We are hoping that removing them will eliminate his snoring and in turn help reduce his daytime sleepiness and crabbiness. I'm also getting ready for our upcoming trip to California (Hooray!) which we are verrrry excited about. And preparing for Mike's graduation party, which I hope EVERYBODY can come to! It will be fun. And possibly embarrassing to him so everybody must come. Maybe I will have a happy California blog when we get back!

6 comments:

miss diddly said...

Poor Ian! His tonsils out?! Ug, hope it solve all the issues at hand.

Can you teach me how to get claire to stop waking up at night too?

wendys said...

Missy - I'm definitely not an expert on baby sleeping, I said she's getting better which means she's not waking up every hour. I try to give her something high fat (like ice cream) before bed and I have a certain blanket that I would wrap her in before I would nurse her so she would associate it with sleeping. Now when I wrap her in it (and not nurse her) she immediately starts to close her eyes. Last night she slept from 8:30-5:00 am which is great.

michaelstubbs said...

What's this potentially embarrassing thing? Getting puked on at 5am isn't embarrassing enough?

Shamae said...

Hey there--

Sorry things have been a little chaotic lately. I didn't know about Ian's tonsils. Is this an out patient thing? When do you leave for Cali? Anyway I hope you get some sleep soon. Bring the kids over to play sometime and you go take a nap. 8:30 to 5 am is great though...I hope she keeps that up. Talk to you soon!

wendys said...

Ian's having his tonsils out on the 19th of May. It's an outpatient procedure, just at the surgery center. We are taking off on Friday night for our trip. We should be back a week from Monday!

Julie said...

Ug. I can relate to the snoring thing-- Sammy did that for a while. She is fine now. I bet he will be way more chipper after he gets those tonsils out:) He is so sweet now-- how could he be better??! I hope this month gets better and I hope you have a fun trip to Cali-- any plans for when you are there? Where are you going to be??

BTW-- who are these vast amounts of people in Europe who keep visiting your blog? I understand the Utah and Alaska, and Brasil ones.... You have quite a following!