Friday, June 5, 2009

a lonnnng time

It's been a long time since my last post. I haven't felt like posting lately because I feel like I don't fit in the blogging world. I'm not a stay-at-home mom anymore. In the past few months I've worked a million zillion hours but have recently cut down to 32 hours a week. Mike also started work a few weeks ago. We have a few faboulous babysitters to watch the kids. My mom also just came for a week to babysit the kids which we LOVED! On our days off we have been having lots of fun with the kids, rock climbing, swimming, riding bikes, going to the farmers market and library. And the most exciting news is that Ian just learned to ride a two-wheeler!
Life hasn't exactly turned out as we imagined but we are happy and healthy.


20 comments:

Jangs said...

You are back! We sure love you. Can't view the video however. don't know what I am doing wrong

Julie said...

It won't let me watch the video-- it says I have to receive a friend request--- uh-- does family count??

Sounds like you guys are having lots of fun.

Way to go Ian!!

Shamae said...

Way to go Ian!! Sounds like you guys have been keeping busy!! Can't wait to hang out with you again. I can't view the vid either! Maybe we will have to come and see him riding in person. :-)

wendys said...

sorry guys! I had the video set to private. It's now available for the whole world.

Shamae said...

Oh my gosh he cruises on that thing!! It is so cute! I love how when he fell in the grass he asked, "Did you get a picture of that?" ha ha ha

I was just clicking on random blogs and came across this one http://jkr2006.blogspot.com/ who has the same baby rosebud link for your cousins IVF...do you know them?

michaelstubbs said...

Shamae- they must be cousins on the other side of their family. Anybody want to verify this?

Josie and Wayne said...

It's great to finally see an update! Where are you guys working? We might just be moving out there some time, we are feeling so cramped here!

miss diddly said...

Wendy you still belong, oh yes you do!

That lil stinker is waaay fast! Congrats to Ian!

ALO said...

Oh Wendy...you so belong. It is what I love about my blogging world...the people I love come in every shape, size, and situation. Keeps life balanced and ever so interesting! I love Ian on his bike!!! Nothing to slow him down anymore...he has his own set of wheels!

Jangs said...

Now I can see Ian. What to go!

Jared said...

Wendy, welcome back. I have missed your posts, I check for the all of the time. Ian is a natural, he can really fly. I like your neighborhood.

Kristen said...

Don't you love those milestones! Glad your back;)

Mel said...

HOORAY an update!!! I kept watching, waiting, and hoping for one. hehe. Great job buddy on the the two wheeler!!!

Angela said...

You fit into my blogging world, I'm a working girl too! Where do you guys rock climb??

Jessica said...

Maybe Carter will decide he wants to ride with just 2 wheels now! :) So Wendy...I am totally going to be sending you those pics you asked for...I promise! You know me...habitually late with everything! And you know...being a working mom isn't great...but it sure makes you appreciate the times you DO get to be home a little more.

Abby said...

That is awesome. Why does it scare me so much when they speed so quickly out of sight?!!

wendys said...

Thanks for all the lovely comments! I am inspired to blog again soon! Angela, we rock climb at Ross Park in Pocatello.

Helms Family said...

I was glad to see your back in the blogging world!! We need to get together and let the kids play!!

Cassie said...

Life is never what you expect and that's good most of the time. I know how hard it is to be a working mom (HA, who isn't a WORKING mom?)but hang in there an enjoy the small moments that come every day.
You will never be able to keep up with Ian if he is riding that fast and he has just learned!!!

Kandace Welch said...

As I saw Ian flying out of the picture I thought, 'man, he's not going to come back.' Not that he's running away, but it seems every time you turn around your kids are bigger, smarter and better and ready to move on. So sad. :( I too have been working full time lately, but luckily from home online. The bad thing is that I have to put in 8 hours whether I take breaks to make lunch and wipe butts or not. So it ends up being closer to a 10-12 hours day after all my 'breaks.' It would be nicer to have just 8 hours and then you're done! Good luck!