I finally took some pictures of our rock climbing adventures at Ross park. I didn't climb this time but our friends and Mike and Ian did. Ian loves his new harness, and it gives everybody a lot of piece of mind!

Ian climbs all the way to the top of this rock cliff. He really is good and can climb harder things, wedging his little feet into cracks. He climbs up up up and only slows down when coming down, we have to keep reminding him to keep his bellybutton toward the rocks. We also had a nice 4th of July, this is the first 4th of July in four years that we actually got to spend with Mike. It's also the first 4th of July since about 2002 that I've actually bought fireworks! We had barely shot all of ours off at 7:00 pm when a huge rainstorm hit, which ended up flooding quite a few houses in the neighborhood. At times like this I enjoy having a 2nd floor apartment.
I had to include this picture. Eliza has adopted my ironing board as a bed for a her baby. I think I am going to have to go to my parents house and retrieve the baby cradle I had as a little girl if I ever want my ironing board back. Eliza is constantly shushing us when the baby is sleeping and Ian delights in attempting to wake the baby up.
12 comments:
Oh, I have 2 boys that would think you lived in rock climbing heaven! Especially Matthew...if we bring him up, will you teach him to climb? I'd happily babysit the sleeping baby on the iron board as a trade?! (Very funny by the way. Is she worried the baby is going to roll over and crack her head open? I don't see Ian as presenting the bigger problem here...just the height issue!)
Looks like fun! Ian is quite the rock scaler! That is cute about the ironing board. ha ha
that is so funny about the ironing board! And amazing at your little rock climber! That is so great. He is a little Bear Grills (is that his name? the Man vs. Wild guy?) in training!
I love your harry Potter count down by the way. I wish we lived close...I feel we are kindred spirits. AND, I would have someone to go to the opening night of Harry Potter with!
Fun Fun Fun. I can't believe Ian and his climbing. Actually I can. He has been testing gravity his whole life. We'll have to figure out a way for you to go to Harry Potter while you are down. I could watch the kids!
Mom - could you watch our kids too so we can go to HP with Mike and Wendy??
You guys do some fun things:) That is great. I love the ironing board bed.
Yes, it has been so wet this summer-- I am almost wishing for the constant rain to cease. Our plants are all turning yellow! They aren't used to this non-desert weather.
You may be the coolest family ever. Preschooler rock-climbing and toddler ironing board play. Can't wait to see you next week. Got some tap shoes for Eliza...
Kennedy does the same with her babies and tells us to shush when they are sleeping. :) By the way, there are still a few fires up here in Alaska if Mike wants to travel for work. And I haven't been paying too close of attention to the new HP movie because there's no movie theater within 300 miles of Barrow.
1st, I love the new blah-g name.
2nd, Eliza is sooooo pretty. She's always been cute, but that top picture shows how beautiful she is!
Lucky boy, Ian!! Thats so nice you were able to spend the 4th together. HHAHAHA Jer just saw your ticker for Potter and had to come over to look how much longer there was. hehe
What fun! We need you to introduce our family to the "real outdoors". We do it all fluffy style (that's my fault.) We want to be part of your fun, please please please. I'm glad that there aren't many fires, husbands are good things to have around. And I love the baby doll care taker, that is very important stuff.
It took me forever to realize that Eliza was on the right in that picture. She's grown SO much! I love the ironing board crib. Very cute.
Post a Comment