Saturday, October 24, 2009

Almost Halloween....

Yeah. I couldn't get the kids to look at the camera at the same time. But we had fun carving pumpkins today! Notice Eliza's pink hair, leftover from the ward Halloween party the night before. They are excited for Halloween. On Friday they get to come to my work and trick or treat to all the patients. I dressed like a nun for the ward Halloween party and some one in the ward basically told me that it is an offensive costume so now I need to get a new costume for my work party. I might go with the Marathon runner idea that Jessica C gave to Mike on Facebook. Unless all you REAL marathon runners would be offended...

12 comments:

Amber said...

HAHAHA. I can just see you as a nun at an LDS ward party. That is so hilarious. It's too bad you offended someone. I think it was a great idea. I would definitely be more offended by a marathon runner costume because I think anyone who wants to run that far for fun has got to be plumb crazy (sorry mike :) .

Unknown said...

Well, I have a cousin who is a nun and she would get offended... :o)
I'm sure you'll get a really nice costume!! How about a Brazilian Carnival dancer costume?? Just kidding!!!! hahahahah

Julie said...

Dress like a marathon running Sister Missionary. I can send you a name tag from my mission-- and I promise I won't get offended:)

Great looking jack-o-lanterns! We carved ours yesterday, too!

Jangs said...

I would come as myself and that would probably offend someone. I am now going to facebook and see what Jessica C said about marathon runners. Happy Halloween

Jessica said...

I was going to go with the runner too, but decided I didn't want to get laughed out of the room. Maybe I still will, and wear some of those short short running shorts and see if anyone says anything to me!

Emma Jo said...

So...I guess a pregnant nun would be way over the top? Oh dear, I am sorry you have to find another costume. It sounds pretty funny to me. I just love Halloween.

Emma Jo said...

PS No one is pregnant by the way...it's just a costume I have seen before and it made me laugh.

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

I don't think it would be an offensive costume! I say stick with it! More people will like it than not! :-)

Helms Family said...

I liked the nun costume and think sometime people get offeneded too easily. I think you should stay with it!!

Josie and Wayne said...

I had friends (husband and wife) that went as a priest and a pregnant nun one year. I thought it was kind of funny, but I guess I see how it could be offensive. That's nice you're even dressing up, I haven't for years. I know, I'm boring.

SP said...

Mom 's comment made me laugh. Can't win them all. Ah the nerve some people have....just change your nun costume into the grim reaper...(sp?)

Amy Lynn said...

Why is a nun costume offensive? I wouldn't be offended if a Catholic dressed up like a Mormon missionary...I'd see it as good advertising. Some people...