Thursday, January 7, 2010

Baby in a Bucket


I recently re-discovered the baby in a bucket my grandma gave to me for Christmas one year. I was probably 14 or 15 when she gave it to me. I was appreciative of the thought even if I never played with it. However, Eliza loves it. I thought I would post a picture of it for all you crocheters or knitters out there. For some reason my pictures were a little blurry, but basically it is a cool whip container with a crocheted top, with a small baby inside. The baby has a crocheted hat, dress and underwear and small pillow, mattress and blanket. I know Janae's grandma made her one similar. Anybody else? Was it a fad in the 80's-90's?


And here is a picture of Eliza with her favorite Christmas present. She wore them straight through 3 hours of church last week. (No they are not prescription!)

Ian is happy to be back at school and in swim lessons. And we are happy to have something to entertain him too.

7 comments:

Helms Family said...

i don't ever remember the baby in the bucket. Anyway, the glasses are cute!

Jessica said...

What a fashionable little girl! And the baby in a bucket---what a great idea! Kambree would love it too....although the bucket would probably become a weapon to use against Carter....

Anonymous said...

I never had one of those, but I think I would have liked one. Not sure when I was 13 or 14 though. Boys were more important than dolls at that point. Got to love grandmas...your always a lil girl to them. I love the glasses, way stylish :)

Jared Stubbs said...

My grandmas were never nice enough to get me a baby in a bucket. Everyone had one except for me! That is a really cute picture of Eliza! Can't wait to come and see you guys.

Julie said...

I never got a baby in a bucket! I want to make one-- that is adorable. I love the glasses-- I think maybe she wants to be like older brother?? She looks stylin'.

Jangs said...

That picture of Eliza is a crack up. She is too darn cute. (and I like the baby in a bucket idea too. Best use of a cool whip carton I've seen yet)

Josie and Wayne said...

We have a similar baby cradle crocheted thing like that. My mother in law bought it off some lady with a crafty little shop. My girls have never cared much for it though. Maybe they would like it more if they hadn't torn all the limbs off the doll that came with it.