Thursday, February 11, 2010

Here's your update!

So I have received a complaint from some very good friends (who neglected to visit us when they were last in town AND have NEVER commented on my blog ahem) that I haven't updated my blog in a while. Hello, it's February. Everybody knows February stinks. It is cold, but not much snow. Somebody usually is sick. Nothing exciting is happening. So I will write a boring post about our day today.

I had planned to take most of today off work because Mike had to take a brief trip out of town. He wrote out my schedule for the day since he is usually the one taking care of the kids. It included swim lessons, babysitting the neighbor kids (x2), what times to get Ian on and off the bus, etc. Then this happened.

Eliza woke up at 3 am puking. Lovely. Mike spent the 3 o'clock hour scrubbing the carpet while I changed her pajamas and held back her hair while she continued to puke in a bowl. We were basically awake from that time on. I got ready for work in-between pukes and went to work for just over an hour to receive a food order and put it all away. Then I came home around 8:15 am and Mike left for Utah. Eliza is wearing the hat in this picture to keep her hair out of her puke.

While she lay on the couch this morning watching Shaun the Sheep episodes, Ian and I read stories, played Go Fish and Memory, Play-doh, and baked bread. We cancelled the babysitting.
The bread turned out a little darker than I usually like it but I wasn't wasn't watching it as close as I was watching the sick-o.

I tried to upload a little video of Ian reading to me. Sorry it's not working, I will have to have Mike help me when he gets back!

I got Ian on the bus on time. I did some loads of puke laundry. I guess I haven't lost all my stay-at-home-mom skills. I ate lunch, and now I am hoping Eliza will take a little nap because I am tired! The librarian last night told Mike & I that we will miss having small kids when they grow up. This was when Ian was throwing a tantrum because we were leaving and Eliza was being a little too helpful with the books. It's kind of hard to believe that some days. What is your day like today?

10 comments:

Cassie said...

Better than yours......I don't have puking kids! Sorry for you. But they will get better.

Jared Stubbs said...

I had a headache.

Jessica said...

I felt like a bouncer prying four fighting kids off of each other for most of the day. But..better that than puke!

Julie said...

I can tolerate illness when it is NOT puke-- that is the worst-- I hope your day is better tomorrow!

I understand wondering why people miss having small children. I love my kids, but some days.....ARRRRRGH!!! You know.

Nae said...

Mostly just school. And now some work. :) But I only threw up last night, not today. :)

michaelstubbs said...

Wearing the hat to keep her hair out of the puke was my idea.

Josie and Wayne said...

I love the hat idea. I wish I would have thought of that when Audrey was puking last week. Brilliant. I've spent my day cleaning and sewing and generally wasting time.

SP said...

I can't believe that hat still fits her!

Jessica said...

I have to say...despite Elizas illness, she still manages to look beautiful!(...with her nails all painted and her lips all pink....) ANYTHING at 3 o clock in the morning is a killer (puke especially)! Last night Kambree woke up screaming that Carter drank her pop....she has been mad at him all day. He can't figure out why....

Rich said...

I liked hearing about the day regardless. I held back Janae's hair as she puked, maybe I should try the hat.