Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Break

I want a Spring Break too! Ian is on Spring Break this week and just gets to play alllll day. Lucky kid. We had a mini-spring break trip down to Moab for a race with my sister Tiffany. It was a little weird leaving the kids but we knew they were in good hands. Mike, Meredith (friend of the fam) & Tiffany ran the half marathon and I ran the 5 mile race (thats 5 miles, NOT 5K thank you very much). I finished in 52 minutes. Then I walked to the car and took a nap while waiting for the others to finish. Mike finished in 1 hr 45 min.


I was hoping for a little warmer weather!! But the rocks and scenery were lovely. My poor sister hadn't been camping in at least 15 years and wasn't quite as prepared for a cold night. She suffered in silence while I threw off my blanket and coat because I was too warm.

Ian decided to get sick at Grandma's while we were gone, so Grandma Jan got the fun job of cleaning up kid puke. Eliza waited until we got there before she started to get sick.

Now we are getting ready for Eliza's birthday next week! Stay tuned for an excess of pictures involving chocolate cake, cheesy smiles and ripped wrapping paper.

11 comments:

wendys said...

Is this pathetic that I am my very first comment? I am annoyed that the size of the text on this post is extremely large and bolded. Sorry about that.

Julie said...

I like the large text-- I am going blind I guess from being inside so much lately. It snowed here last night....

Wow-- you guys are fast! That is great. I am impressed you did 5 miles- that is cool.

I wish we had spring break right now, I would take the kids up and bug you guys!

Amber said...

That's awesome! What a beautiful place to go for a run.

Jangs said...

Love the pictures. Moab is pretty. And I like the large text. I am old I question and I hate moving. Thanks for the blog

Nae said...

Oh, Eliza got sick too? Sad day!

Mel said...

Great job on the race!! You guys are so inspiring.

Emma Jo said...

Yeah for running and races and being healthy and awesome, boo for kid puke but yeah again for presents and cake!

SP said...

good job all around!

Abby said...

Red rocks are cool. You are too. I wish I could get my butt off the chair to go running. Good job.

Helms Family said...

Good Job! Maybe next year I can do the run with you! Hope the kdis are better!!

Josie and Wayne said...

I love Moab! Great job on the 5 mile race.