Thursday, May 12, 2011
Is hoarding a bad thing?
This morning I bought 20 packages of pasta, as shown here in the above photo, for a grand total of $2.39. You heard me right. For about 11 cents a package. I am dabbling a bit in couponing and am quickly learning that it can be time consuming but very beneficial if you play the game right. I am still not ready to dive completely in, most real couponers get 5 Sunday papers every week and drive around to 12 different stores to get the great values. I just print off good internet coupons and review Smith's and Fred Meyer's ad's online. I am picky about what I buy, because even if it's a screaming good deal, we don't need 10 boxes of pop-tarts.
Remember that problem I had in November of buying a lot of Tillamook? They are having that same sale at Fred Meyer's where I can get the cheese for 3.99. I am stocking up. I guess we can have homemade mac and cheese for years to come! I will head back over to Freddie's tomorrow so I can get more cheese (I only have 4 blocks!) and use some coupons to get me some 25 cent cereal.
Anybody else out there starting to coupon? What websites do you use?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I did for a while-- but it is time consuming- you are right. I need to get back to being more thrifty. I tried to get them off the internet and couldn't do it right. Could you send me your links that you use?
So you're the one who filled my garage with pasta! I thought the neighbors did it as a prank.
I am impressed. You got me beat. I was never good at this. Hey did you know that you can store cheese on the shelf. That is right. It just keeps aging. But if you are buying that much Tillamok. Maybe you don't want to try that out.
I tried once, and was not very patient, and not very good at it. Plus, it always seems that good deals are on things I don't usually buy. But, the pasta is an amazing deal. Maybe I will try again.
Hoarding is not a bad thing where food is concerned...especially if you have cousins that have moved so many times they have no kind of food storage whatsoever and can I please have your address so I know where to move if the end of the world comes and we still have no food storage because we like noodles, a lot.
I used to dabble a bit in couponing and got some dang good deals. .25 cent tooth paste, free shampoo...Ah, those were good times. It did take a lot of time and energy though and I ended up getting pregnant with my third and my whole life was thrown for a loop. I keep thinking I should get back into it again but haven't yet.
couponing is big here....and pretty much everything is gone on sundays.....or at least by the time I get there early monday morning! frustrating....i am like you....i don't go to 5 million stores to get the good deals. i can't handle that much shopping...
I like the way you do it...I am not a couponer yet. When we get to AK I am going to try it out...so I will be looking for tips ;)
I learned how to coupon and got the 5 Sunday paper subscriptions a couple of years ago and I felt the fire and had seen the light...and it was just too complicated for my brain! Or too much work. I'm way to ADD. But online coupons I can do. I love a good deal. Keep up the good work--I'm impressed!
There are two things that you can never have too much of: pasta and cheese. Yay for good deals!
They don't have coupons in Barrow. :( You either pay $11.19 for a gallon of milk or you can ship it up from Fairbanks Fred Meyers (I've heard that ends up to being about $6/gallon) or you drink powdered milk, I can't get myself to do that.
I need to start this! But what's a Sunday paper? ;) I am now going to go online!
Post a Comment