Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Great Outdoors

I have been meaning to post our camping pictures for a while now but time keeps getting away from us! We have been playing hard this summer. So far we have spent a week with family, a most of a week at Redfish Lake, and 2 days in Boise visiting our newest nephew and playing at the water park. We have a few more fun things planned throughout the summer including lots of camping trips, it's nice to have Mike on Summer break! 
 We spent 4 days last week at Redfish lake. It was delightful. There was some snow in the high country! We had a little snowball fight at the top of Galena Summit. 

 Our tent site was so cool. We loved being in walking distance from the lake and close to flush potties. And the best part was it was a walk-in campsite so we didn't have to deal with those pesky 4 wheeling or trailer pulling campers.
 We did a great hike the second day, the kids were so strong. We went about 3 miles. We didn't make it to the end of the trail but we will get there next time! 
 Ian couldn't get enough of the beach. It didn't matter if there was thunder or rain pouring down, he wanted to be IN the frigid mountain water the whole time! The beach by the campground was so nice, only the campers used it. 
 We love taking little boat rides. We paddled hard into the lake and let the waves wash us back to shore!
While we were up there we did some sight-seeing at Custer, an old mining town. We went through the different houses, saloons, school, houses of ill repute. It was great showing the kids how people lived back then. Stay tuned for more summer fun....

7 comments:

michaelstubbs said...

Oh those houses of ill repute...Custer, of thee I sing. Hurray for central Idaho.

Julie said...

That looks like tons of fun. Did we go to Custer as kids, Mike? I know we went to lots of old ghost towns. The lake looks so beautiful! I love the little snowman:)

Jangs said...

I have so many good memories of Sawtooth mountains. It looks like you had it all to yourself! What great pictures. Look forward to seeing you all again

SP said...

3 miles!!!!! I wish I could make Claire do that! I love Custer too.

Jessica said...

oh, brings back memories! I can't hear "Galena Summit" without having those thoughts of, "we are almost there! Alturas lake here we come! Can't wait to see the cousins!" Looks like fun. we really should plan a camping trip together with our families some time!

Jessica said...

Idaho is beautiful....I miss the trees....and since when did they put flush potties in a campground?? THat is Awesome! :)Looks like you had a good time!

Josie and Wayne said...

That looks so fun! My kids are dying to go camping so we told them we'll go this weekend. Any ideas where we can go close by?