I think I am done camping with a crawler though, he just got way too dirty.
We had the best campsite with awesome climbing right next to the site. And of course, just a walk down to the freezing lake.
Our next campout out was with cousins in the City of Rocks. Talk about crazy weather! I have never seen wind blow that hard. The tents were practically sideways. There were actually tornado warnings in the area. We put the older kids to bed in the car and then "slept" with the baby in the tent. We were wet, wet wet!
I can't keep this kid from climbing EVERYTHING! Windows, bookshelves, tables. Pretty much on 24/7 suicide watch.
Finn has been helping the kids with all their art projects they are getting ready for the North Bannock County Fair. He loved the paper mache!
The kids have been begging us to sign them up for a race, any race. They were dying to get into the racer's tent with all the treats! I found an inexpensive 2.5K for us to run together. They loved it! Ian pushed hard and was 3 in his age group and 10th overall. Eliza could have run 3 times the race route, she had so much energy when it was over! She was first in her age group and 20th overall. And they stuffed themselves silly afterwards.
Our latest trip was the Kammerman Family reunion at Mount Hood in Oregon! It was beautiful. I have so many good memories of growing up in Oregon. We went on a lot of hikes with my family, played at Trillium lake, relaxed in the rental house.
On Sunday we drove into Gladstone to attend the our home ward. We also drove by the house we grew up in to show the kids and then headed down to the Willamette River to do some black berry picking! It was just as painful as I remembered but so worth it.
For Ian's Birthday we went to Powell's bookstore, Ice skating in the mall and then back to our lovely hostess's house where they had decorated for a wonderful party! It included hamburgers and an ice cream cake per Ian's request. I can't believe he's 9! Next year for his birthday he requests that we don't go on vacation. I don't know why he would say that when we had such an awesome time!
The kids LOVED snow bowl in government camp. It had so many fun activities for the kids and grown ups and a great view of Mt Hood.
did as a kid.
When we got home, we had a nice surprise! The apples were ready to be picked and our garden has really taken off. We having been eating apples, cucumbers, onions, potatoes, raspberries, peas. We have huge pumkins and one little canteloupe!
Wow that was really too long. We have been having too much fun!




11 comments:
I don't want to go back to school. But I do want to go back to Oregon.
I want to quit my job and move my family to the Oregon coast, it pretty much rocks.
You guys have been busy! Looks like so much fun. YOu know how to have a good time. Oregon sounds lovely!
You have great reunions. Got to copy you. Wow your garden and trees are really producing. Loved the pictures
I want to go to Oregon! I just wrote a long comment and it didn't work- stupid internet. I was confused for a split second when you said that Ian turned 9-- I keep thinking he is LL's age, and that we were up for ELIZA's baptism last year--- my brain... Anyway-- I love the pictures and the update-- so great!
Looks like you have had a fun packed summer. I can't believe your baby can climb like that!
THat was not too long a post. I wish my little family would get out and camp more, at least once a summer! I am jealous. Mike's hair looks golden and shinny. Love and miss you guys.
I'm glad you had so much fun! Summer's about over here too. The leaves are turning yellow and it's started raining.
I could live in Oregon, oh yes I could. You guys have so much fun - you even make camping sound kind of fun :) And I'm just gonna say it, Mike, you look like Jesus. :)
Fun! I think it's cute that Ian doesn't want to vacation on his birthday next year. And what a great garden! Thanks for sharing when we came to visit. :)
What a great summer!!!
Post a Comment