I can't believe Ian turned 11. The time has flown by! He wanted red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting for his birthday. Yum!
The kids begged me to let them enter the fair this year, I didn't want to because they moved our lovely little local fair from right down the street clear to Downey! Sheesh, talk about politics. But I said we would go for it. They were so glad we did, I couldn't believe all the ribbons they won. I didn't do too bad myself, these are two of Grandma Green's quilt tops that I hand quilted. The fair ladies couldn't believe everything was hand pieced!
Eliza did fantastic, even had her pumpkin win grand prize. But she was fevered the last day and did not want a picture with all her ribbons.
Ian graduated from cub scouts, I sure will miss him as one of my Webelos! He is sure excited for boy scouts.
The kids spent four hours one Saturday outside selling lemonade. I admire their persistence. And I love that it entertained Finn for so long! He is sure going to miss them now that school has started.
5 comments:
It's a good thing you made it to the fair or they wouldn't have had the chance to ooo and aaah over your amazing entries, quilting, and pumpkins.
Ian, you choose good desserts. We should be friends. Well, we are friends, but I don't think the desserts would handle the mail very well. So maybe we can be friends who enjoy desserts in the memory of one another. Or, we can just eat our own desserts and wish each other happy birthday. :) happy birthday!
Holy cow! You guys really cleaned up at the fair. I am so happy that you all did so well. You have great talents.
I didn't win any ribbons. I am the reject of the family, aren't I?
Wow, did anyone else in town win any ribbons at the fair?! Those quilts are so beautiful! Great job on hand quilting them.
Your quilts are amazing!!!
Post a Comment