Friday, July 14, 2006

Fun with Playdoh


So I bought Ian a little Playdoh fun factory to help cultivate his creative genius. He really likes it but it makes a bit of a mess. I found the instructions to the fun factory quite humorous. In fact I laughed for 10 minutes straight. If you can't read them, here they are.....

1) Fill with compound.....
2) Press down.....
3) Extrude!

I've never heard the word extrude used unless it's describing some sort of open wound. But now it can be used to describe playdoh as well. And now Mike & I take the opportunity to use the word "extrude" whenever possible.

8 comments:

Julie said...

Ha! Those are hilarious instructions! I wonder if they made the playdough in China and the Chinese were the ones who translated it. We will have to ask Missy. Maybe the set will inspire Ian to be a surgeon someday. ("I don't know why, but ever since I was a child, I have loved to extrude things. I figured I could use my talents for the good of humanity.")

Julie said...

I just read another part on the box that says "fun to play with, but not to eat." I like that-- as if a child who is old enough to read wouldn't know that-- "Wha? Oh darn, I thought I could EAT this stuff, too!!"

wendys said...

Another part of the box says that "results vary depending on child's age and level of skill" and as we all know Ian is VERY skilled. Come on now, how skilled do you have to be to operate a mini fun factory!

Mark said...

In the feed business you "extrude" feed through a dye after you have cooked it. Yummie!

Julie said...

Wendy, I am fully expecting Ian to make a scale model replica of Michaelangelo's Madonna. I want a picture of it on the blog:) Of course I AM prejudice and do expect that someday he probably could-- I am sure due to his play dough experience as a child.

Pat said...

Nice blog!!

http://africa-pictures.blogspot.com

miss diddly said...

I have potty humor because, "extrude" brought different pictures to my mind.

Abby said...

I suppose it's the perfect word for that action when you think about it, but it's such a big word for a child to be doing it, no? "Ok sweety, now extrude it!"