Thursday, September 7, 2006

Eastern Idaho State Fair

This is Mike & Ian next to my quilt that I entered in the Eastern Idaho State Fair. Mike & Ian were very supportive as I worked to finish it earlier this year. It won "first premium" for it's catagory! There weren't too many in the hand quilted category but I am still excited I won a ribbon!

9 comments:

michaelstubbs said...

You're a super star, too big for this state already I guess. Next, on to the world's fair!

Jared said...

That is a beautiful quilt. I here the requirement to even enter are really stiff, so I am very impressed! Congratulations.

Mark said...

Congratulations!

Julie said...

Awesome, Wendy!! That is really great! I absolutely love the quilt. I am glad that you entered it. I love hand quilting so much better than machine quilting.

Jangs said...

I am really impressed. This is so great. The quilt is beautiful. You should have Mike take you to Stanley this fall to the Mountain Mamas Quilt show. It is all hand done quilts and some antique ones as well and a real art show. Some one of your talent and experience would really appreciate it. Way to Go Girl!

Abby said...

Wow--the things I am learning about my cousins! I am so impressed, and not just because I have never hand-quilted a thing in my life, but because it is really good! Blue ribbons don't lie!

Dad said...

Mountain Mama contest in Stanley must not be far away.

wendys said...

It is this weekend, I don't think I'm going to make it up there. I'll have to plan better next year! When I went and picked up the quilt, I also got 10$ prize money. Just enough to cover our entrance into the fair!

miss diddly said...

That is awesome! You rock and the quilt looks beautiful! Crongrats! You will have to have a wall of fame for the many ribbons to come or have come....funny about the enterance cost...cheep scates (sp?).