Thursday, March 1, 2007

March already!


So February disappeared, I'm not sure where it went or what I was doing during that whole month! I have composed in my head tons of different blogs since my last one in January, and each one was interesting, witty, and sure to grab at least 20 comments each. But somehow for whatever reason none of them ever got written. I was going to blog about my neighbor commenting on our living room photos that I've aged a lot and Mike hasn't changed. That was a sad story. I was going to blog about our potty training successes with Ian, he's such a great kid. There was always a good pregnancy/getting ready for baby number two blog to write. And maybe if I stretched it, I could find something interesting to say about doing our taxes. But instead, I decided to just post my usual cute pictures of Ian. He loves to have his picture taken when his mouth is full of grapes. He also loves to help out in the kitchen. One day I couldn't get him to get off the potty, he had been sitting on it for over an hour and I thought that was more than enough time! So I started making juice and he jumped up and ran to come help me. So now I use cooking or helping in the kitchen as bribery. It works better than candy!

7 comments:

Jangs said...

Cute kids always work. February is always too short, I never get home teaching in February.

Ian is looking like a little kid now instead of a baby boy. Could be the thought of a little sister/brother coming.

Dad

michaelstubbs said...

You never take MY picture when my mouth is full of grapes! I love the picture of Ian with the apron on. He is real modern. What a helper.

Jessica said...

He is cute! My boys love helping in the kitchen too, I have to make myself slow down and let them make a mess...er I mean..help. Kids really are so innocent and ready to help. I figured out it is me that ruins the good intentions they have. I want to meet Ian, I haven't seen him since he was a baby!

wendys said...

You are welcome up anytime to visit, Jessica! Ian would love to play with your boys.

Julie said...

I hope my boy will help out in the kitchen, too! If not, I will just have to call Ian over. He does look more and more like a little boy all the time!

Nance said...

My four year old daughter has been telling us forever now that when she grows up she wants to be a baker and that her little brother will be her baker's helper. Yet, when baking time rolls around, she's in the kitchen for about a minute and her brother is there every step of the baking process. He'll be a great baker's helper. She might just be the owner.

miss diddly said...

What is it about sitting on a toilet for a long time that is so comfortable? It starts at that young of an age? I miss Ian.