Sunday, July 22, 2007

Update...

My wonderful husband finally had a day off of work last week and volunteered to babysit the kids while I went and saw the Harry Potter movie by myself. He is amazing, Ian refused to nap and Eliza refused to take the bottle but he was still smiling by the time I got home. I really enjoyed my alone time, something I never get when it's just me and the kids. It was kind of weird sitting by myself in the theater. I really enjoyed the movie and tried to forget every little detail they changed or left out so I could enjoy the movie more. Now I am anxiously awaiting the copy of the newest book Jan mailed us. Mike and I read the first 6 Harry Potter books out loud together so I feel a little guilty reading it by myself but I just don't think I can wait until fire season is over!

9 comments:

Jangs said...

Some one please remind me what happened in book 6 so I don't get confused when I read book 7 cause I just saw the movie and book 5 and I am confusing myself. They have got to make these movies faster!

Julie said...

Couldn't help ya there-- I have them all jumbled in my head. Rich and I never get to see the movies until they are out on DVD anyway.

Lucky Wendy! I am glad you were able to go to the movie, that would be nice. No kids crawling all over you and wanting something every single minute....... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Jared said...

We saw the movie this weekend. It was good but they changed this one more than the others. I felt like they rushed through the movie and that there wasn't much plot or character development. They left out aspirating and Harry didn't get to smash up Dumbledore's offic! It was still good though.

I am glad you got some time off Wendy, you deserve it.

wendys said...

What's aspirating? When you breathe in water into your lungs? Or do you mean apperating which happens in book 6? (not supposed to be in the movie).

Mark said...

Ahem. I finished the book last night at about 1 a.m. (I guess that was this morning at 1 a.m.) I dropped mom off at camp and finished the book.

Anyone want to know how it ends?

Well, ....Harry mfffmffmmmm.
and then...mmmfmffmfmfmf.

Okay, I'll stay quiet.

wendys said...

You'd better stay quiet! I don't want to know until I read it myself!

Jessica said...

Wendy, I too went to the movie by myself, and I must say...I SO enjoyed being there alone. Is that weird or what. It was so quiet..no one touching me...no one asking me to get something, to hold something, to do anything! And, I did like the movie.

Jared said...

Aspirating apperating...whatever...Although I am glad to know that it is book 6 and not 5. I was really disappointed that they had left it out of the movie. Thanks for the clarification.

miss diddly said...

I guess Lyndon and I are mising out. We've never read the books, but we do like to read out loud together, so maybe we'll have to pick them up, but not before we ruin it and see all the movies first.