
This photo was on the cover of the Idaho State Journal this morning. Can you tell which one Mike is? Most people recognize his sideburns.. Luckily this fourth of July fire was a small one, 100 acres or so and they were able to put it out in time for me and the kids to have dinner with Mike at the firestation. He had to work until about midnight, in case of any more fires. This morning when he went to work (after working that late and then being up all night with two sick, coughing kids) They told him they were headed out to California. So he is enroute today, headed to Frazier Park, California (in between LA and Bakersfield, in the Los Padres National Forest) for a 2 week stay. So if anybody feels like visiting us, we could use the company! Hopefully the kids will feel better soon and we will be able to get out and about.
6 comments:
He does good work. We are really proud of him. And of you all too especially since you have to make the sacrifice of having him gone to California to fight fires now. We love you guys!
You guys are awesome. I want to come and see you! We are going to have to head south first to visit Missy and Lyndon and Claire before they leave *sniff*, but then we want to come and see you guys, if you don't mind:)
You guys are always welcome to come and stay as long as you like here, too-- just in case you need to get out and see some new scenery:)
Way to go Mike!! That is cool he was in the paper! We recognized his sideburns too...that is why you got a text message so early in the a.m. asking if Mike was on a fire. :D Hope your 2 weeks go by quickly...come over anytime...you know where we are ;) We might have to make a trip to your sandbox too--the girls love that thing!
I never realized that my sideburns were notable. I couldn't be prouder of them right now. Everyone who I worked with last year thinks that I am new this year because they keep looking for my beard.
So far, no fires for me in Cali. Just filling in at the fire station while the California crews work the local fires.
By brother is cool, seriously. I like bragging that you are going to CA to fight fires.
Mike may have a cool sounding job, but you are the superhero Wendy. Taking on two sick kids by yourself is quite the feat. Good luck! I wish we were closer to come and visit.
Post a Comment