Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Not Fair

Here is where Mike stayed last night, the Crown Plaza Hotel in Ventura, CA. In his own room. King size bed. Ocean front views. Crazy, huh? And I stayed here in Pocatello, where my kids screamed all night. Luckily he will have two paid days off when he comes back to town, and then he can listen to them scream all night!

9 comments:

Nance said...

I think my prom was at that hotel, or maybe one near it.

Julie said...

Wha..?? That is soooooo tough being a firefighter.

I see a general theme here-- Mike leaves for a "school assignment" or for "work" and has to sacrifice being away from the fam....hmmmmmmm.

Jessica said...

Yea, been there. It does seem unfair somedays. All the nice lunches "with a client", the business trips in fun places. But, then here I am lately sleeping as much as I can so I won't feel sick, and then I realize, I guess I have perks too.

Cris Bravim said...

Next time you should make a deal with him...he stays taking care of the children, and you go to a nice and relaxing hotel... :o)

Shamae said...

Wow Mike owes you when he gets back! He could at least pretend he isn't livin up the fancy life. :D

michaelstubbs said...

Hey everyone, you should know that I haven't spent a cent of my money. These are ASSIGNMENTS! I simple do what I am told...Tomorrow it is back to the Flying J and the Los Padres National Forest

wendys said...

At least it is re-assuring to know that he would much rather be home with us than any fancy beach front hotel. Sorry for giving you a bad rap mike! Love you.

miss diddly said...

very posh!

Abby said...

Assignments, he says...not fair still. Funny, my hubby sleeps next to me (well, actually on the other side of Cubby...grrr.) And he still doesn't seem to "be there" for the screams and sleepless nights. We seem to sleep in very different places, even in the same bed.