Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Overdue..

Well, it seems I am always overdue for a update! We haven't been doing too much lately but we have been having some fun. First of all Ian has been begging me to do preschool and since we still don't know very many people in our neighborhood and I don't want to pay for preschool, I am just having a little preschool with him and Eliza twice a week. He loves it! Eliza still can't quite figure out what is going on but she is being a good sport. Here's a photo of their first day of preschool...

A few weeks back we planned a camping trip to Scout mountain here in town, and unfortunately we had to cancel so Mike could fight a fire. The kids were disappointed so we got out the tent and set it up in the living room and ate our camping treats in it. They had lots of fun as you can tell by their smiles.
Last week Mike actually had some days off. And since he missed all the family reunions and trips that me and the kids took this summer, we took a little mini-vacation to Yellowstone Park. There was a huge storm forcasted for that weekend so we stayed in a motel instead of camping, which the kids loved because it had a pool. Unfortunately I forgot to charge my camera battery before leaving on the trip, and we only got a couple of pictures before the camera died. We saw a coyote, lots of elk, some buffalo, and some ducks. Everything else must have been hiding from the cold and snow! Eliza's new word this week is buffalo. But now when she says it, she runs to the window to look out and see them and then asks, "where they go?" I think she wants to move to Montana.

14 comments:

Julie said...

I love how ready to learn Ian looks in the preschool picture! That is great you will even set up the tent inside-- the kids look like they had a "electrifying" time, love the hair:)

Glad to see the update! I have such cute nieces and nephews:)

Cris Bravim said...

Wow...I'd love to take mini-vacations myself...
Great to see you updating your blog!!!!

ashycam said...

I can't believe how grown up Eliza looks. Wow!! She is already talking? kayla is trying but mostly she just gestures and squeals.I can't believe the snow already. We are still in the 70's.

Angela said...

Hi Wendy, its Angela, Tiffany and Nancy's old roommate and buddy! I found you blog from Nancy's. How are you? I think we live near you now. We just moved to Rexburg so i could take a job teaching at BYUI.

wendys said...

Hi Angela, thanks for the comment. I was going to comment back on your blog but it seems that it hasn't been updated since 2007! Hope you are enjoying rexburg, it's not too far from here.

miss diddly said...

I want to be your kid.

Your a fun mom, plus, you know how to teach your kids to speak! I can't believe Eliza says so much! I have to keep telling myself, "she's a month older than Claire." :)

Jessica said...

We were wondering if you made it to Yellowstone! IT looks like you had a fun weekend!! I found your blog from Shamaes....I don't know if I ever sent you an invite to our blog....there are quite a few pictures of Ian in it!! I will have to get your email address!!

michaelstubbs said...

I like your kids. I like you too. Sorry I missed the livingroom campout.

Shamae said...

Hey fun update! Love the preschool! Ian is so cute with wanting to learn! Glad your Yellowstone trip was fun! It was cute hearing Eliza say "buffalo." She is talking so much!

Jangs said...

You are all lots of fun. Preschool, living room campouts, Yellowstone. I want to hang out with you. Love the pictures.

Jared said...

I can't believe how old Eliza is getting, she is so cute. Seeing your photos of Yellowstone makes me ancy to get out. Thanks for the update.

Kristen said...

I did the same thing! I did preschool with Meg, Erika, and Czar by themselves the year before they went to kindergarten. They loved the one on one time with me (I guess they don't feel like they get enough). Kuddos for you. I love their picures, they look excited about everything. I love that about kids.

Andersen Family said...

Wendy, you're so great for doing preschool. Just curious, where do you get your ideas? I've been wanting to do that with Stuart. Where did you guys move too? Looks like you're having great fun.

wendys said...

Hey Amy. If you want you can email me at wendywhizby@hotmail.com and I can tell you my preschool ideas and update you on the family.