Sunday, June 21, 2009

More exciting adventures with the ??? Family....

So we will see how many of my followers find my new blog minus our last name. Here is another update on our lives.... Mike's day's off just switched to tuesday/wednesday. Sad for me because now we don't get days off together and I have to teach primary by myself! I'm hoping the kids will have pity on me and be angels but I don't have much hope for that. But at least if there are no fires Ian & Eliza can stay home with him and only go to the babysitters 3 times a week.

Some of you had questions about my job.... I work at a new long term care and rehabilitation facility in town (which I wish to remain annoymous) where I am the Head of the Dietary Department as well as their Clinical Dietitian. So I am in charge of the kitchen, overseeing staff, purchasing food as well as doing clinical assessments on all the patients. It is fullfilling and it keeps me busy.

A few weeks ago we had a great visit from our old friends Brady & Annalisa. We had tons of fun and stayed up way too late.


This weekend since it was our last weekend with a day off together before Mike's schedule change we decided to go camping. We found a great area less than an hour from our house. Any locals have any guesses where we went???
The kids loved it.
We only had a bit of rain during the night but woke up to a sunny morning.
And what do you do with a little girl who dresses herself? And she won't dress up in cutesy girly things. I bribe her to get a skirt on most sundays. She loves dressing up in her brother's clothes. Here she is wearing Pirates of the Caribean Pajamas with a Jedi robe on top. This is a girl who has watched more Star Wars than any Princess movie. Partially because I'm kind of anti-Disney Princess. She still loves to play mom to her dolls and dresses the dolls in her cute clothes.

Thanks for following me over to this new blog. Everybody who reads this needs to comment so I can make sure who knows and doesn't know about the move!

20 comments:

Jen said...

I keep forgetting you even have a blog, but I bookmarked it this time. :)

Jangs said...

Eliza is all her own isn't she. Makes you love her all the more. Ian has some great ninja moves going on there. You are a great mom and provider. We love you and Mike. Happy Fathers day by the way Mike

Unknown said...

It's great to see your kids so grown up! Can't wait to see them!!!!

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Found it. ;) Where did you go camping? We are looking for a fun, new place to visit!

Nancy said...

Eliza has grown a ton since your last pictures of her!!

Julie said...

I love her outfit picks. You guys do some great things together. I have no idea where that might be that you went, but it looks pretty! We need to come and visit you sometime!

Kandace Welch said...

Your job sounds very interesting, and busy. Congratulations and good luck with different days off, Travis works weekends now and it's a little annoying since we can really only do things Friday nights, if nothing has come up!

Jared Stubbs said...

Found ya! I can't guess the place you went camping, looks nice though.

Jessica said...

Pretty pictures! I marked your new address!

Amber said...

Island Park? Sun Valley? I can't tell by just a picture of trees. It's great to hear from you!

Josie and Wayne said...

Wayne would love to have a girl like yours! He doesn't know what to do with these girly little girls of ours who know all the disney princesses even though they have never seen any of the disney princess movies! Don't ask me how they know them, I swear they were just born knowing.

Amy Lynn said...

I found you! Love hearing about what you guys are doing and seeing pictures of your very cute kids! I love Eliza's very unique perspective on fashion...we have one of those kind of girls as well. Last week she wore her hot pink swim shirt UNDER her swimsuit and couldn't see why in the world I suggested she put it on TOP of her swimsuit! Glad to hear life is going well for your family!

SP said...

I love Eliza's style, never change.

Nae said...

Camping! Sounds like so much fun. :) The kids are so adorable!

MandaJ said...

We found you. Looks like a a fun camping trip. We are a little anti-Diddney too. Boy stuff is just more fun let's face it.

Kristen said...

Glad you had a fun camping trip.

wendys said...

The camping trip was near Big Springs Campground on the other side of Pebble Creek Mountain. In the Caribou Targee National Forest. Thanks everybody for following me over! I accidentally deleted some pictures but I will try and retrieve them tonight.

Oscarson Photography said...

I found it! I found it! And I am so on board with you about Disney Princesses. We wanna go camping with you guys!!

Cassie said...

You never have to drive far in this state to find a beautiful place to camp or play! Looks like you guys are having a great time as always. It isn't easy being a working outside-the-home mom...ever! So keep having fun.

Mel said...

WOOHOO I found it.