Here's the recipe from Martha's Stewart's Everyday Living.... (I halved it for my family)
Christmas Tree Soup
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 med onion, diced
coarse salt & pepper
2 cans chicken broth
1 large head broccoli (3#), peeled, chopped
1 med baking potato, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup lemon juice
Saute the onion in oil, season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft. Add broth, broccoli, potato and 2 cups water. Bring to boil and simmer until tender. Puree soup and return to pot. Stir in cream and lemon juice, season with salt and pepper.
(my changes: for a half the recipe use 2 cups water and 2 chicken bullion cubes for the liquid and keep the full amount of cream!)
10 comments:
Awesome!!!!!
What a good idea. I'll have to try something like that with my kids. They are PICKY!
Brilliant! I have figured out that it is all in the presentation for my kids. I'll have to come up with some new names for my dinners!
I am definitely trying this one! Thanks Wendy:)
Yum... we may have to try your Christmas Tree Soup. I told my kids a few months ago that we were eating Mermaid's Favorite Soup for dinner (aka Clam Chowder). My 8 year old was too smart to be fooled but they ate more than they would have normally... so it was semi-successful.
Not only an excellent cook but an imaginative mother. Brilliant
We are totally going to try this...I would have soup every single night of the week this time of year. Yum!
So you're telling me that we ate broccoli!?!?! I wanted Christmas tree soup for real!
You are such a smart mommy! Yes, Mike, it was GOOD for you! I must try that recipe--sounds yummy this time of year.
Niiiiiice. THis makes me hungry!
Post a Comment