We took a little drive up to Oregon and Washington for our Spring Break. We haven't been back there in 7 years. I was excited to show my kids where I grew up.
 |
| A Gladstone Landmark |

Oregon City Elevator. I can't believe that they
still employ somebody to push the up and down buttons
in the elevator! |
|
 |
| Climbing the steps after riding the elevator down |
 |
The Geese at the Willamete River were
huge and demanding |
 |
| Clackamas River in Gladstone |
 |
| I had my senior pictures taken around here |
 |
| OMSI |
 |
| On the way to Beacon Rock, a beautiful hike |
 |
At the top of Beacon Rock! The kids hiked the whole mile
up and back. It was steep! |
 |
The kids loved the trip mostly because
they got to play with some awesome cousins |
 |
| Round Lake Park |
 |
| On the hike around Round Lake in Vancouver |
 |
We stopped at Multnomah Falls on the way home.
The kids are either cold or sad to leave Oregon. |
Other things we saw and did that are not posted include Powell's bookstore, the Arboretum, the Portland Art Museum (incredibly psycho security guards that followed us room to room and yelled at our children), Fort Vancouver, My favorite brother's house, and probably more that I can't remember right now.
Ian also lost his first tooth in Washington! Followed promptly by his second tooth on our arrival back home. Somebody make him stop growing up.
Best of all we were able to escape the stink of this town for a solid week!
12 comments:
So incredibly gorgeous I can't take it. My husband is on a trip in WA today and he was just going on and on and on to me on the phone about how many shades of green there are! I would move back there in a heartbeat! (The six months that we lived there wasn't quite long enough.)
Love the pictures! So very beautiful! I am so glad you got to see a change of scenery. It does good things for emotional stability.
Neat pictures. I remember Multnomah Falls. There are so many beautiful places to see. How fun. Glad you had a good time
WHat?? You mean that it is actually SPRING somewhere in the world? I am so sick of Winter here. Those pictures are gorgeous! How fun!!
I didn't know that's where you grew up. Those pictures are beautiful. I'm glad you had a nice spring break.
Sigh...I miss spring break. Let's go back and spend another 3 hours at the book store.
I can't tell if it's warm or cold. You are wearing coats AND sandles!!
Did I tell you Oregan is one of the places we are applying to? YOu'd visit us there, right? :)
Aah! What a great place. Little pangs in my heart.
Looks like fun. We need Brady to get a job with a spring break.
Also, Ellie insists several times a day that we read the Curious George books you gave her. Often those and nothing else. "Jor" is her obsession these days.
Does your town literally stink or is it just because you needed a break? I can totally understand. Lately I've been think Barrow is starting to smell like rotten whale meat. Although I think that's because the sun's up and all the whale meat people left frozen outside is starting to warm up in the sun.
Wow! Yeah, I'm really hoping we get to go to Oregon for grad school. :) Looks like a very fun spring break!
Next time you should stop in the desert and say hi! :)
Wish we could have seen you when we came out last week....too much stuff crammed into too little time....it was crazy! But we will have to get together.....sometime....our kids are missing yours....
Post a Comment