Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Mud sisters

A few members of my family did a 5K mud run in Soldier Hollow. If you don't know what a mud run is, you have to checkout thedirtydash.com and they have videos of one. It is a race/obstacle course/costume party/nut house. My nephew, who is not a runner, loved it because of all the mud and water and the huge slide at the end. 
 Here we are before we have entered the course, you can see it in the back ground. The hay bales and walls in the road nearly killed me, I am too short to climb all those! The mud was so deep in some areas that my sister in the dark pink abandoned her shoes and went in just her socks.

I am cleaner that my sister at the end because I didn't swim through the last moat of mud, which was pretty deep! It was fun and I would probably do it again, except now I know I would wear Teva sandals, and not my running shoes! It was the longest 5K I have ever run.

9 comments:

Emma Jo said...

I am going to find one near us!!! Clark and I have talked about these kinds of races. It sounds so fun. What an awesome time!

Jessica said...

I have several friends that did the same race. It sounds like it was a riot! I;m glad you had a good time.

Julie said...

I have been waiting eagerly for the pictures! Looks like it was a lot of fun!

michaelstubbs said...

And she didn't even post the muddiest pictures. It was a great race to watch.

wendys said...

It was fun to watch. Great job! Love having you all here

Jangs said...

OOps that was me not Wendy. I meant what I said by the way. It was fun to watch

Jessica said...

I wanted to do the one in Portland last fall....except that it was on Sunday :( But it looks like so much fun!

SP said...

I soooo want to do one!! What a blast. Good Job.

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun!! So sorry I haven't posted on Alaska yet...we were waiting to upload pictures. We will do it I promise. What a great trip! Anyways I will save the details for the post.