Sunday, July 24, 2011

Is it just me...

Is it just me or are people not reading blogs this summer? Well I still am.  Me and the kids took a trip to Cache Valley this week. We went to the zoo, the aquatic park, Newton, the farmer's market, Old Navy... all the exciting places! We also spent a lot quality time with my sister's goats. 
 I love the mountain view from my sister's backyard. Really beautiful.
 There is no better place to spend the 24th of July (or 23rd of July...) than Newton! The kids anxiously awaited the parade's start.
 It was kind of a slow parade which allowed for picture taking of our favorite locals.
 It was so fun to see the kids run in the foot races! Sammy loved it so much she ran in a lot of the races.


She even ran in a race by herself since there were no other girls her age! After the races we went to the library book sale and bought about 15 books for a quarter a piece. What a deal. We might just invite ourselves back next year.

11 comments:

Jangs said...

Who knew my grandkids where such good goat herders. Odalayhewho This all looks so fun! Wish I had been there with you all. And I am reading the Blogs. really so everyone keep posting

Nancy said...

Very fun! My daughter was disappointed when we got to church and she found out it was pioneer day. She wanted some sort of big celebration, but they don't really do that out here.

I'm slacked off on reading the blogs of people I don't know. My one Google Reader account has been over 1000+ for a couple months now. And I'm not blogging nearly as often.

Emma Jo said...

I'm still here! But yeah, no one is reading or they are all too busy to comment!
What a lovely trip, man, Utah and Idaho are beautiful. I especially like the goats on leashes.

Amber said...

I still read, but don't have time to comment. I did want to reply to your email the other day, but every time I get on the computer Andi does something crazy like cut her hair.
I'm glad you are keeping up with blogging :)

michaelstubbs said...

I'm sorry. I was out of town. Did I miss something? Did you trade the children in for goats? Good deal!

Josie and Wayne said...

What, a quarter a piece? I'm so jealous. How come our book sales try to get $2 out of each book?

Nae said...

Yeah! I'd love it if I could get books for a quarter! Love the pictures too!

Annalisa said...

Sorry, I'm bad at commenting. I'm more of a lurker. I read in google reader and don't click over to comment. Glad your kids had a fun Utah holiday.

Julie said...

We were so glad you stopped by our celebration! There were lots of books left-- the ones that sold fast were the kids books, though-- those were gone fast, good thing you got some!

It was fun to see you guys!

SP said...

I still look, I just don't post a lot any more , except, well I think I have lately...so never mind.

It would be fun to play with you all more, as in more than once a year.

maaaa

Abby said...

I still read 'em. Keep it coming!

I love that those goats have leashes. It took me a few minutes to really convince my kids that they really were goats.