With our freezing weather this week we decided it was time to bring in the last of the Harvest! We have six beautiful pumpkins and three small and under ripe butternut squash. I loved having a garden this summer and the kids loved it too. We are already making plans for a garden expansion next year. I have learned some things and will hopefully be able to have a better organized and fruitful garden. I was still not feeling great in May when I did the planting so I just threw it out there as best I could.
Ian has been busy with various scouting tasks now that he is 8. He made us dinner including a fantastic apple pie. He is such a great kid and is a little bit nervous about this weekend with all the relatives coming to see him be baptized!
Finn just had his 6 month check up! I can't believe his first year is halfway over. He is 13 pounds, still in the 1st percentile for height and weight but is doing great with his developmental milestones. He is rolling and trying to sit up. He loves baby food, babbling and licking his toys. He loves listening to his Dad play the guitar. I guess I should take some pictures of that! Happy Fall.
12 comments:
Stinkin cute kids and some pretty impressive pumpkins! I wish we were neighbors so we could sufficiently take advantage of your gardening skills :)
Cute Cute Cute!!! I am really impressed with the garden-- especially since you had quite the good excuse NOT to do ANYTHING on it! It is awesome! We can't wait to see you all!
What great pumpkins! I'm sure you'll have fun carving those.
We wish we could make it this weekend to Ian's baptism. If only time could pause and gas were free... but we'll be thinking of you all! I am super impressed with that beautiful pie. And now all I can think of is eating apple pie. Yum!
What a good little grower Finn is. That picture is adorable!
Holy Moly!!! I really got my can kicked by everyone else's gardens this year. You were sick, Missy planted hers six weeks after mine and you guys have incredible gardens. Ian's pie looks soooo good. Yum and I can't wait to hold Finn. He is so cute. See you this weekend.
Wow, has it really been six months? Crazy! And that pie looks so good!
Ellie is really excited to see you guys again. I told her Ian is getting baptized and her eyes got really big and she asked, ". . . with Jesus?" She also asked if she could make snow angels with Eliza, so she has kind of big expectations for this weekend. No pressure.
It was good pie too.
I am very excited to come see you guys. Good Job Ian for getting baptized.
Awesome harvest!!!! Im envious!!!
I can't believe it's been 8 years already! We hope to see you sometime if we move down to the lower 48. Plus we hope to grow a garden too! I can't imagine a baby in the 1st percentile, my 9 month old is in the 90th percentile for height! Can you believe that coming from Travis's stock?! :)
whoa! those are some big pumpkins!!!! We loved seeing you guys and eating your food. Thanks for the good time. Happy to see Ian get baptized too!
I'm so impressed with your pumpkins! And Ian's pie. Will passsed off that requirement but I don't think he attempted anything quite so impressive.
Post a Comment