Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Gardening Goodness









Last year in March, this is what the garden area looked like:



After lots of hard work, this is what it looked like in July.  I can't find any pictures from August & September.. It was really impressive then.  Also notice the lush green grass! Delightful. 


 Here was some of our harvest last year:

We had such great success that we decided to expand the garden! Thanks to my Dad and Mike for a few hours digging and rota-tilling...

We now have this! It is mostly planted and I can't wait to start harvesting peas, corn, potatoes, onions, pumpkins, zucchini, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, cabbage and more.  We also expanded the strawberry plantation in the front of the house which is is flourishing nicely. 


 Here is an added baby bonus for your viewing pleasure....




12 comments:

Helms Family said...

We just got our garden in too! Hope it works as well as yours did last year!

Jangs said...

WOW I am so impressed. my little garden looks so humble in comparision. I do think I will actaually gets raspberries this year though and my strawberry patch does look good. good luck with it all

Jessica said...

Looks lovely! I hope we get our garden in soon...we are really slow! Harvest time is a magical time! I love it!actormh lieth

Julie said...

Super job! So much work-- but well worth it-- can you help our garden? I especially love the little pumpkin at the end-- give him a kiss from me!

Abby said...

Fabulous! You guys are really on top of things. Can't wait to see your harvest this year!
And thanks, that truly was a pleasure to view Finn. :)

Nancy said...

Love it! I miss having a garden.

Josie and Wayne said...

That is AWESOME! Our garden area is currently way overgrown with weeds. I don't think I'll be able to plant one this year, but hopefully next.

michaelstubbs said...

It just takes some simple back-breaking labor.

SP said...

WOW, That looks awesome! I can't believe your pumpkins from last year! May the gardening Gods smile on this years crop!

Mel said...

Love the Bonus Pic!!! You're garden looks great...I hope you have an abundant harvest this year!

Kandace Welch said...

WOW! That's awesome! It snowed in Fairbanks on Thursday so no gardens up here yet.

Annalisa said...

Just a little backbreaking labor, huh Mike? Pshh. No big deal. You guys did an awesome job. I have a great stuffed pumpkin recipe to try if your harvest is anything like last year's. We're excited to finally get some garden space again soon after so many years moving around. I don't know if we'll get as good at it as you guys. Maybe we will have to trade pizza for some pumpkins.