Sunday, June 2, 2013

AKA Wendy Stubbs

So there is another Wendy Stubbs that lives in the South. She is a very Christian woman, a wife, a mother, a volunteer. How do I know all this about her? I frequently get her emails. Her email address must be really close to mine. I have unsubscribed to her weekly church newsletter multiple times. I have received hotel room confirmations. Today I received a flight confirmation email.  (Anybody want to take a trip? I've got boarding passes!) She was a volunteer at a large religious revival in Atlanta in January. It took many emails to get them to stop sending me the hourly updates! And now unfortunately I have found out that she needs some marital counseling. The counselor emailed me a questionnaire to fill out before the appointment on Monday. My heart goes out to her, struggling in her marriage, her kids getting bad grades (yes, I got an email from the school teacher). Every time I get these emails I send polite responses that they have the WRONG email address. I wish that I knew the right address! Am I the only one that this happens too? Does this other Wendy get MY emails?

Any who. It's summer vacation! Eliza graduated from Kindergarten. Me and the kids spent a few hours in the Wilderness waiting for Mike to finish the BIG RACE.I am so glad it is done! He did great and is walking almost normally. Now maybe when I go the the dentist, the dentist will actually talk to me about something other than my husbands running habits. Like maybe my teeth or something.







13 comments:

MandaJane said...

The nemesis southern "Wendy Stubbs" is killing me. so funny.

You are an incredibly awesome supportive wife to manage that much running.

michaelstubbs said...

Thanks for your support. It took six months of running to get to this race. You made all of it possible.

Abby said...

Not only do you win at Words With Friends but you definitely win the Most Supportive Wife award!!
That other Wendy Stubbs has nothing on you. But seriously I think we should try to arrange some sort of meeting for you two since you know so much about her. Hopefully she doesn't have your SS# and is posing as you, southern style. That would be creepy.

Josie and Wayne said...

That is the funniest thing that other Wendy Stubbs. I love it! I have never had anything like that happen to me. I'm a little jealous. Maybe in one of your replies back about being the wrong person you could ask them to send you her real info if they figure it out.
Your kids are still super cute. We are loving summer around here too!

Jessica said...

That is hilarious. I would have been really tempted to fill out the marriage form with some really juicy information! Also, good job on the supportive wife role! Those things are fun and good, but nice to be over with also!

Mel said...

Will the real Wendy Stubbs please stand up? Too funny!

Kandace Welch said...

There's another Kandace W in California who just graduated college and is working at a hospital. I get here emails sometimes because I think her email is supposed to have a period and mine doesn't and other than that they're the same. I keep getting emails from her hospital and even her aunt saying they were coming out for her graduation. It's odd but I've never got nearly the amount you have!

SP said...

There was another Melissa Tyler at the OBGYN I was going to for Gwen before I switched to the midwives. I always had to say my date of birth when coming in to make sure they pulled up the right records. There is a Melissa Stubbs in Canada. She is a stunt double.

You are super supportive. Yeah for no more big races...at least for a while, neh?

Annalisa said...

Poor Wendy 2 (that's what I call her). Brady's eyes got real big when I told him about the marriage counseling thing, but what are you gonna do? As for your dentist talking to you about something other than your husband, I wouldn't count on it. For years now any doctor, dentist, physical therapist, hair stylist, RS presidency visiting when I move into a ward, etc. always just want to talk about my husband's schooling, dissertation, job, or whatever. I want to say, "hey, I do stuff too." Maybe you and I should take up an interesting hobby. How much do you think hot air balloons cost?

Jangs said...

Whoa interesting double! And you are an incredibly supportive wife. You went more than the distance in my opinion

Julie said...

There are about 20 Julie Olsens in Cache Valley!!! It's almost like a "Jane Doe" name-- just toooo common! I think that is crazy you get her emails!! Wowza! And, being a crazy runner myself (not 52 miles crazy) you are AWESOME to support such a hobby! Way to go Mike and way to go Wendy (the "Northern" Wendy!) You guys are great!

Tiffany said...

I ran into some credit problems getting my apartment because some darn Tiffany Bills in Provo walked out on some leases. I love that you're getting private info on the other lady!

Nae said...

Julie, my neighbor just talked to me tonight about the Olsen thing. So she goes by her maiden name and confuses her kids' teachers and stuff, but she doesn't care. :) Made me laugh.
Wendy, I love that you said he is almost walking normally. I'd be dead. What a fun father-support-system you all are!