So please excuse the fuzzy pictures, but look at our downstairs bathroom! One of my frustrations is the kids taking over our upstairs bathroom in the morning. So I thought if I improved the downstairs one, they would use it more! I painted the walls elephant skin gray and touched up the white baseboards. We replaced the towel rack with Ikea coat hooks. I found some great rugs, garbage can, and handtowels at Ross, and got large, fluffy, luxurious towels from Costco. I created the art, painted picture frames from DI and printed the art out at Costco. We moved the hand towel hanger and when I find a classy over the toilet organizer, that will be the finishing touch.
We cleared out the garden this week, and this was the amazing butternut squash result! What am I going to do with it all? Please come take some, please!!! We only got three pumpkins so we might carve a squash or two.
And since I did not take my camera to document it, thanks to Julie for taking pictures at the Church's women's meeting! We had a lovely time with cousins, second cousins, aunts, and old friends.
In other news, this is Finn on his new balance bike. He loves scooting around on it. He is now potty trained and full of mischief. Seriously he surprises me everyday with the things he says, the faces he pulls and the overall enthusiasm for life!
I haven't posted the kid's room redo's that I did this summer. I also finished two quilts of Grandma Green's, that was a fun project. My next project is to finish an attic window levi quilt and redo Mike & I's bedroom. That should keep me busy for the winter!
9 comments:
Nice job on the bathroom! It looks awesome. I love the elephant skin gray. Don't you love the names of paint colors? Also, nice job on the squash. We got pur garden in so late and I couldn't find any butternut squash plants. I've found in addition to great soup, they make a good Dilbert for carving and display purposes. I'm a bit envious of your potty training success. We've been procrastinating it with Charlie. Ellie has asked if she could do it a couple times. Might just let her.
The bathroom looks great!. And I only got 1 butternut squash. Cant wait to see everything else
Cute colors in the bathroom! You are a project master!!
I like the colors too! You have such an awesome garden to boot. AAAAnd I love those balance bikes.
The bathroom looks great!!!
Great job! You're an inspiration for me to get my projects done!
You are so cool! I love the bathroom. LOVE! And how fun to have so much squash. You can doorbell ditch it if you haven't used it all by February, right? Just paint it pink.
Aaa! I have forgotten to check your blog-- what a cool bathroom redo! I love it, you have great taste. Nice squash too! Your garden is awesome. We gotta get together sometime soon :)
Isn't it amazing what a coat of paint can do? I love the bathroom! And what? Finn's potty trained! You go girl. Carissa just turned 2 and is terrified of the toilet. I think she will prove to be my most difficult, in more ways than one!
Post a Comment