Monday, May 18, 2015

School year wrap up

Has anybody else felt overwhelmed with all the school assemblies, programs, field trips, essays, presentations that have been happening with this school year! Sheesh I am almost glad for summer vacation. It has been an exciting spring time for Ian.

 He earned his Arrow of light award in Scouts. He build rockets at school. He scored a goal in soccer last week! Last week we had the 100 mile club graduation and Eliza was recognized for running over 50 miles and Ian earned a medal for running over 100 miles and he won the spirit award for Personal Motivation. He was thrilled about his new water bottle. 


 And today Ian was awarded the "Hope of America" Kiwanis award and a medal for his AR reading points. We are proud of him and his hard work this school year.

Eliza has been working just as hard and has a Girl Scout Art show tomorrow that I will post pictures of afterwards! 

I had to include a picture of my Mother's Day present, grape trellis's and grapevines! I am so excited to become a grape grower. I hope they survive my kids and the Idaho weather. 


We also added about 25 feet to the line of raspberries, Yum we can't wait for them to fill in!



Finn is full of fun but is not quite ready to be a full volunteer firefighter yet. This photo was taken 4 seconds before he burst into tears. But he did love riding around Paradise with his Uncle Bob in the fire truck! 

7 comments:

michaelstubbs said...

Generally, they are nice kids.

Annalisa said...

Good job, Ian and Eliza. And good job, parents. That's a lot of reading and running. And I'm envious of your grapes. Apparently we are a zone colder and can't grow them here. My mom grows them in boise, and to me that is the scent of autumn-- grapes ripening on the vine, none of those fake pumpkin candles (no one makes vine-ripe or canning grape juice candles, though).

Nae said...

Aw, COOL! Way to go, Ian, with all of your awards and reading and running and awesomeness!

Grapes AND 25 ft of raspberries? Jealousy. That is so cool.

At least Finn wanted to try the outfit. Ruth freaked out last time she even saw a firefighter.

Kandace Welch said...

You have your raspberry bushes set up on a little trellis too? We're trying to get raspberry bushes too but I don't know that much about it.

wendys said...

No, those aren't trellis on the raspberries as much as fences to keep them upright and out of the lawn area.

Josie and Wayne said...

Wow, I hope your grapes work out for you! I have tried planting raspberries and blackberries for the past two years and haven't been able to keep them alive. I'm not very good at remembering to water. I'm going to keep trying though!

SP said...

way to go Ian! I am jealous of your garden!!!