
Recently Mike had an unfortunate run in with a large tree in California while hiking. As a result, our camera has died. We liked our camera, the HP Photosmart R607 but I have been really unhappy with the company. They don't sell parts to camera repairmen and when I contact the company, they just keep trying to sell me a new one. So I am dissapointed in HP and will not buy from them again because I don't feel that cameras are disposable property. They should be able to be fixed. So I was wondering if anybody had any good cameras to recommend. Maybe a Canon, Pentax, Nikon or something? I've been wanting to take some pictures of my new apron that I made for a new post but I can't!! So all you blog lurkers who are out there and not commenting (I know who you are...) Please comment and tell me what digital camera you like best, or what one not to buy. Thanks!
10 comments:
Wendy...
I loved my Canon (3.2 MP)camera...right now I have a Samsung (5.0 MP)...I'd rather have my Canon back...
I also was thinking to give Sony a change...they have a few quite good and slim cameras that I could buy...I found a 7.2 MP Sonny with a sort of nice price...but I guess you have better prices there...
Good luck on buying a new camera!
We bought a canon, and we have loved it. It has been a great camera. When we need another, I will probably buy the same one, with just more features.
Well I don't know much about cameras but I like our Kodak. It gets the job done. It doesn't have a lot of fancy things and is simple to use. I remember we bought an Olympia camera once and hated it. We ended up returning it. Thats all the advice I have on cameras.
Well, I have a Nikon. So basically your comments and hitting on all the major brands. :)
I would like a new camera, but just higher quality, more pixels, etc. Not necessarily not a Nikon. I've been happy with my Nikon. It's a Nikon 3100 Coolpix. I've had it 4 years and it is still working great. My favorite part of it is how small it is so it's not a hassle to bring to places. It even fits in my back pocket if necessary.
We have a Fuji. It has lasted 4 years-- that is a long time in this disposable electronic world, but I really don't love it. It serves its purpose, but the delay on the shutter is atrocious. Let me know what kind you get.
My first digital was a cannon and I loved it. Abby and I bought a Kodak when we first got to Burley and had nothing but problems. Then we bought a Cannon from Walmart and we love it. I think Cannon is the best brand out there. Buy a cannon, and take a picture of a cougar.
How did you know I was lurking on your blog?! I just thought I would leave a comment because we have an hp printer and it's been so annoying. When we bought it, it wasn't working right, so we returned it, and got a new one. Now the same thing is broke on it again. Stupid hp. I'm never buying from them again.
Anyway, we have a cannon A560 and we really like it. Everyone in my family has the same one (we all bought it without knowing everyone else had one). Anyway, we all like ours and have never had problems.
I'm not quite sure about brands and whatnot, but I do know I am ready for a really nice one--I'm not wasting my time when the need for a new camera comes along. It's going to have to be expensive bc all the nice ones are. That was about as unhelpful as can be, sorry. Good luck. I'd take the Nikon one on the commercial that says anyone can take a professional looking picture--I am a sucker for advertising.
Hi Wendy! We have had 3 Cannon's- one was a powershot and our new one is the cannon Rebel xsi. The boys and I are going to get another camera for Mike for his birthday (a cannon powershot SD 870 IS), that way we have our big one, but for going on hikes or if we don't want to take our big camera we will have a small one to use. Almost everyone I know has a cannon (even my professional photography friends) and everyone loves them. I have yet to hear some one complain about the cannon powershot cameras. I would strongly recommend a powershot, and from what I hear, any camera that is a powershot that starts with SD is a great camera.
Hope this helps!
I love our cannon.
Post a Comment