Saturday, September 13, 2008

101 Ways to Hide a Mullet

So I don't really have 101 ways to do Eliza's hair, but this is our new favorite that hides the lack of hair up front. It looks like she has little bangs, but it is really just the shorter hair finally growing in. Luckily most people just see her cuteness and ignore the mullet. Anybody have any other suggestions for her hair? We do this, the waterspout and the comb over with barrette.

Right before this picture was taken Ian attempting to jump from the blue chair, over the white table (behind Eliza) on to the couch. He didn't make it and has a big bloody scrape on his jaw now. When I was asking him what happened, he got mad at ME and said "You should have had a pillow there Mom!" What was I thinking? I think I will have to add rubber padding to the walls as well.

We are loving our new apartment, all the space. And yes, that is our garage in the picture! Wahoo now we have a place for sleeping bags, tents, skis, bikes, ice axes, and of course, the trailer. (Any body want to buy a trailer?) Thanks to Jan and Mark and our lovely friends at Ridgecrest for helping us move. Please come visit us soon! Ian has been a "little" upset that we used the third bedroom as a computer room and he is still supposed to share with Eliza. The past few nights however, we have started putting her into the computer room to try and get her to sleep through the night. She would rather scream though, and wake up the whole house.

I had to document this little habit of Eliza's. When she is tired, she sticks out her tongue and licks her special blanket. It's funny.

I only seem to post when Mike is out of town, he is at a fire somewhere around Island Park. Hopefully he will be home early next week. But we are looking forward to a visit from my sister Tiffany and kids on Monday and that will keep us entertained.

And here is a picture of silly Ian to even out the Eliza to Ian picture ratio. I barely recognize him without his glasses!

8 comments:

Julie said...

Yeah! I was missing you guys-- glad to see a post. I have the same problem with my kids hair-- well not Luke- he doesn't really have any still. Garages are wonderful, aren't they? Nothing like going without one for a really long time to make you appreciate having one, and now that we have one, we need MORE room-- how pathetic are we? Your camera takes some great pics-- or should I say the photographer does, too? Cute cute cute kids. We will come and see you in your new digs.

Audrey said...

For hairstyles check out: http://shedoeshair.blogspot.com/ and http://shortyrocksitshort.blogspot.com/ I haven't done much with Hailey's hair but it's fun to look at the possiblities.

Yeah for the garage!!! It must be nice to have space.

miss diddly said...

That is so funny that Ian got mad at you. As for Eliza's hair, I love it. The little piggies in the back are so cute. Your new place looks great! I do miss you guys too!

Nance said...

So cute! I love pig tails.

Give Tiff a big hug for me. And post some pictures of her kids so I can see how big they've gotten. I haven't seen a picture of Casey since he was newly born.

Natalie said...

That is funny, Callie and Russell both licked their blankets when they were tired too. The new apt. looks great. Although I wish you guys would move here to Casper. A guy in our ward works at the College here in the English dept. I think you would really like it here. We love it so far.

Jangs said...

raising Evil Knievel while dad fights fires. You are a brave woman. Eliza is so cute. Makes me miss you all again

Kriegers said...

Wendy I miss you. I would tell you to come back....but look at that apartment! Room? What is that...garage? Is there such a thing. Well I can tell you a little bit about mullets, since Katie's has...I would say worse then Eliza's hair. Ok so I had to cut the back of her hair again. The sides just wont grow. Well a headband, piggies, an antannae on her head is all I can give you, sorry. Well I want to come visit you, I will call. Take care.

ALO said...

Oh, I am SO hair disabled. My daughter DOES have hair and it constantly looks like a matted bird's nest. Even when I do manage to brush it and put something in it, she has it ripped out and flying all over the place. Sigh...