Friday, August 29, 2008

Hiking with the kids


Yesterday the kids and I took a brief hike up a trail just outside of town called Gibson Jack. We walked up there with the kids on Sunday, and they did so great, hiked the whole way without being carried, even Eliza. So I thought I would try it again. I made the mistake of telling Ian that we could play in the little stream on the way back so every 5 minutes he tried to get me to turn around, saying he was tired, wanted to go home, anything just so he could play in the water. In this picture he's just pretending to be sad because he wants to go back.
So we didn't make it nearly as far up the mountain as we did on Sunday. But it was a good break and got them out of the house and gave them their "Green Hour." I even got to take my new birthday present camera (Canon Powershot SD1100 IS) with me and try out some cool features.
Ian had so much fun playing in the water that he wouldn't even hold still for a photo. Just jumped around like crazy. Eventually Eliza had to get in to so I had to put away the camera so I could keep her safe. By the end of the trip the kids were covered in mud from head to toe and I still haven't cleaned out the car. (sorry Mike!) Mike by the way was hanging out in the Sun Valley area with his buddies. Ok, ok. Not really hanging out. Fighting a fire and camping in the dirt.

11 comments:

Jangs said...

Looks like a fun Hike. You are a brave woman to hike with too little ones. That's more energy than I can muster. Looks like they had a really good time

Cris Bravim said...

Seems we've got the same camera...:o)
Great, isn't it?? I've just got it for a week now...so I didn't have much time to figure a few things out!!!!

miss diddly said...

That is fun. I wish I could get Claire to walk with me. All she does is take off in the opposite direction and eat rocks.

miss diddly said...

p.s. why has Mike's blog been removed??

Shamae said...

What a fun hike!! I like that feature of your camera in the pic of Eliza! I still need to see this bad boy! Anyway looks like fun!

Julie said...

I LOVE that pic of Ian with the "sad" look. That is great! Cute pics and looks like a fun walk!

wendys said...

Mike deleted his blog because he doesn't want to update it, he just posts on the family blog. The kids do well on this hike because it's a path that they can't wander off of. Just a straight road up the mountain.

Jessica said...

Cute pictures. Water is always the ulitmate draw. Pure entertainment for little ones!

Andersen Family said...

Hey Wendy, it's good to hear from ya. Are you guys still at Ridge Crest? Is Mike done with school? I can't believe how big your kids are. They are adorable. How's life back in Pocatello?

Amy

Abby said...

I'm liking the green hour thing. Now that it's a little cooler here, it's do-able.

ALO said...

I love hiking with my kids! Especially when I put them to bed at night and they sleep like logs! Plus it makes me feel like a good mom because I took them outside and let them get as dirty as they want.