This is where Eliza thinks she's supposed to sleep. In my bed, halfway on top of me. It's not working for me anymore so we have decided to start trying to get her to sleep through the night.
So we moved her bed into a room by herself (so she can't wake up Ian.) We are also cutting off all her "gogurt" (vanilla yogurt + milk in a Nuby cup) at night which she was fond of drinking about three cupful per night. She was eating so much at night she was hardly eating any food in the day! The first few nights were the worst listening to her scream. Mike would go into comfort her but she wouldn't be comforted. But last night FINALLY she slept 9:00-5:45! I was so happy to get up with her at 5:45 and get her breakfast because she had slept in her own bed with no gogurt! I'm hoping she makes it until 6:30 tomorrow! It's hard to listen to her scream but it will be better for her in the long run, right?
10 comments:
Growing up can be so hard:( I hope she starts sleeping soon and that you can get some sleep too;) Good luck!
My oldest sort of went through a phase like that. He was always a good sleeper, and then, for a year, he would wake up every hour through the night and want to sleep with us. I finally decided he just needed to know that we would always be there, so, one of us always trudged in to his room, rubbed his back until he fell asleep, and so on and so on. After a while, he started sleeping great, and has ever since. It was a long process, but I was glad when the new kids came along that he was in his bed asleep. It must be hard growing up!
I think this sort of thing is just like a rite of passage all mothers have to go through. It is part of the mom test or something. :D I hope each night continues to improve. That is what we had to do with Morgan and it didn't take too long before she was sleeping like a champ!
It worked. She slept through the night again!
O happy consecutive hours of sleep! It is so so hard to hear your kids crying at night, but this is worth it. If for nothing else it is for YOU and Mike. You deserve sleep too!
But I am sure Eliza will benefit from getting day and night sorted out.
I feel your pain. Been there myself and it is no fun! Hooray for progress, though!!
Good work. I know from experience this is hard. Raising kids always made me wonder why on earth I use to stay up all night with friends. Sleep is too precious. Hope she continues to sleep
Oh, I'm with ya. Claire gets in these bad habbits of waking up after she teeths or has a old and then she keeps waking up and we have to let her cry and cry to get back in the habbit of us not getting her at all hours. ug.
(that sounds like we dont get when she IS sick or teeths, we do...just not after...)
What a blessing for you. I hate having kids sleep in our bed, but we still deal with that with Hannah, although she is getting better.
Oh, be strong. It is so painfully hard...I would put Jake to bed and then stand outside on the phone with my mom while she talked me out of going in and picking him up. But it was one bright, happy, sunny day when he started sleeping on his own! And I LOVE having my bed to myself and my husband...no kids. I have a strict policy now! Good luck!
Post a Comment