I love Greek food! I recently convinced some friends to try the local Greek restaurant. They thought it was ok. I love it! I love feta cheese, kabobs, vinegar salad dressing, pita bread. Mike made some hummus last week but had nothing to eat it with. I was avoiding going to the store at the moment, so I decided to make him something. I found this recipe for pita bread and amazingly enough, it turned out perfect! So we have been enjoying pita bread all week! It wasn't as hard to make as I imagined it would be. The hardest part is the constantly putting it in and out of the oven with small children trying to "help." I substituted whole wheat for half of the flour, but that is the only change I made to the recipe. (This is an acutal photo of my lunch on
Saturday.)
So look for my review... hopefully it will be good since I will own the copy!
13 comments:
looks delicious!
That bread looks delicious. I am really impressed. Do you share receipes? And I never win anything. Maybe I will try the goodreads. That is cool
Wow! You made pita bread. I don't know if you could move any higher on my "impressive" people list but that is very impressive. I love Greek food as well...I know a great place in SLC. Call me next time you are here.
And I'm headed over to try and win me a book...I'm with Jangs...I never win anything. But I would love a new delicious book...
Amy - I would love to to eat Greek food in SLC with you! My family had a favorite one called The Greek Shishkabob which was in a converted gas station. The same old man was in the corner of the place every time we went, which was only about once a year when we were on vacation in Utah. Good luck winning a book!
Yeahhhh!! I have been looking for a good pita bread recipe-- the last one I tried really didn't work so well (It could be the cook). Thanks! I love Greek food, too-- yummy. In fact, I would love some right now. Thanks for the Goodreads tip.
I am going to try the recipe also...looks good. My boys love pita bread. Being able to stuff your own sandwhich makes it much more appetizing. Thanks!
I thought pita bread was a yeast-free flat bread so I was going to make it for a friend who shouldn't eat yeast. But then I found out it's not so I never made the pita bread. But maybe I'll try it out now! Thanks for the recipe! Do you happen to know any flat bread made without yeast?
Oh it looks yummy!! I want to try this restaurant. So what do you say you and I go there one of these days?? Thanks for the giveaway info on goodreads!
Just so you all know, it was delicious with humus, tuna, chicken, plain, and toasted. Really, I am that lucky. Do you know why the other firefighters hate me sometimes? Fresh, homemade food.
Man that looks good! I have been trying to get up the courage to make pita bread, but have been too chicken so far. You have inspired me! I love greek food too, its one of the things I miss most about living in a big city.
What have I been missing out on by not making pita bread? Hmmm...you may have opened a new chapter of my life--for I too LOVE the Greek food. Looks divine.
My husband is part Greek (only like 1/16th) but he always gets to eat at this Greek restaurant downtown while he's at work and I never get to. I'm jealous and am going to have to make him take me there sometime. Yum. Right before we moved from California they opened up this chain of Greek restaurants called Daphne's Cafe that my dad loved! It was pretty good. Other than baklava at Easter time from my mother-in-law, we don't eat a lot of Greek food at home. I'll have to try out this pita recipe.
The pita's look yummy, I'll have to try my hand at them one of these days. I, too, love greek food. Was the resturaunt you went to the Grecian Key? Trav and I love that one.
Post a Comment