Ian was so excited to find a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle at D.I. yesterday. He's seen the cartoon about 4 or 5 times and he thinks they are pretty cool turtles. When we were getting him ready for bed last night he suddenly burst into tears because Leonardo didn't have pajamas to wear. Granted, it was late and he was exhausted but he was also sincerely upset at the fact that Leonardo didn't have jammies! I tried to convince him to put some stuffed animal clothes on the turtle but they just didn't fit right. So to stop the tears I found some turtle-like fabric and quickly fashioned some pajamas. Ian was a little unsure of them at first, but Mike convinced him that they were the type of jammies that ninjas wear. He finally cheered up and went to bed. With Leonardo of course.

Eliza got a new bike from the D.I. that she took to bed for her nap today. What's with sleeping with toys?
15 comments:
LOL that is too funny! The poor turtle didn't have jammies. You are a pretty cool mom to fashion jammies like that! Way to go Wendy!! My girls like to sleep with books and barbies...maybe its just a kid thing?
Those are pretty cool ninja jammies. I need some too. Maybe sleeping with toys is genetic, Afton sleeps with books.
Hooray for DI finds. Sounds like you got a couple gems that they just can't part with!
At least I didn't have to read Leonardo a separate story.
ps, your ninja jammies rule!
What a very sensative, kind child! Concerned about jammies for Leonardo...I love it! And what a clever mom to be able to "whip" some jammies out of turtle like fabric. I'm way impressed!
Nice jammies!! I think that there is more than just a genetic link with Ian and my SO-- we have had the same distress at our house. However, I am not so great, nor so patient to whip up some jammies like that!!
Whew the talents parents have to have to make it through the day. Whipping up turtle pj at late night. I am impressed
Those ninja jammies are awesome! If it were me I would have ended up using toilet paper or something lame like that...
Is Ian wearing pirate pajamas? Wow, he has all the cool stuff.
Tell me about it--we have to be sly and eliminate "friends" from Cubby's bed now and then bc it gets very crowded. I bet Leo didn't get awesome pj's in his last home--probably why he ran away to di. good job, mom.
ps i watched that cartoon religiously and on the nintendo game leo's weapon was the most effective overall. (in case you were wondering)
Okay, your totally super-mom!
Happy bday Elizaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!
They are awesome. My kids sleep with shoes, toys, and whatever else kayla finds that she wants at the time.
That hillarious! What a good mom you are to see to it that the turtle in a half shell goes to bed with jammies too..
Post a Comment