
It doesn't seem like 5 years ago I had Ian. In some ways it seems 25 years ago and in some ways it seems like yesterday. It all started back in July of 2004. Mike, Jan and I drove from Fairbanks to Denali National Park on July 31st. We stayed the night in the White Moose Lodge and Sunday August 1st we took an 8 hour bus ride into the Park to see the sights. We saw some wolves, Dall sheep, a bear. It was a LONG and BUMPY ride. I wasn't due until the 15th of August. But it was LONG and BUMPY ride. That evening we drove back to Fairbanks. My contractions started about 1 am, my mother-in-law flew home about 6 am. At 10 am I sent Mike to go buy a car seat. I went into the clinic around noon or one. I labored there until about 10-11 pm when it was decided he was stuck. We then relocated to the hospital about 1 block away where they also decided that he was stuck. Then about 1:30 in the morning on August 3rd, I had a C-section to get the stubborn kid out. I still remembered the first time I heard his cry, the overwhelming happiness and astonishing thought of "oh no, what did we do..."
Ian has been begging me, I mean BEGGING me for He-Man pajamas. Since they don't exist anymore and my time machine was broken, I had to get creative with my printer and iron.
Ian is such a nice brother, he let Eliza open one of his presents! I don't think I would have ever been so generous!
To top off the day we invited some neighbors over to eat Ian's cake with us. I didn't realize the frosting had melted in the heat and pooled all to the sides! We ate it anyways. Ian loves to decorate his own cake and he went crazy with the sprinkles.
We are lucky to have such a great kid. I had to add in this picture of Ian and SO rock climbing in Newton. Didn't they do a fantastic job?
13 comments:
Happy Bday big boy!!!
Happy bday Ian!!!!
Happy Birthday Ian! Wendy you left out the part where he had to get his school shots on his birthday...happy bday.
Happy birthday to Ian. Such a cute little boy! Kindergarten, this year right? My Jared is starting Kindergarten also! Fun times.
Happy birthday Ian! You're such a cool 5-year-old! :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY IAN!!! 5 years old huh! You are such a fun little guy!
Happy Birthday Ian! We love you!
WOW! 5 is such a monumental b-day-- they seem like they are growing too fast when they get there. I am so impressed with the He-Man Jammies-- that is great!!
He is a great kid. As soon as you guys left a couple weeks ago, the girls asked when we could get together again!
Wah! He's so big! Happy day Ian!!
Thank Jared for letting everybody know what rotten parents we are! We gave Ian the choice, get shots on his birthday so Dad could take a sick day and take care of him or go to the babysitters on his birthday. It was his choice. He is a tough kid.
Happy Day to Ian. I can't believe he is 5 either. Seems like just the other day Granpa Green and I drove to Alaska to see him on his 1st birthday. Wow time does fly. Love you Ian and everyone else too
That was a pretty cool T-shirt!!! You might have to help me make a bateman or spiderman one. I don't remember exactly how to do it. Ian is a good boy and Jacob enjoys playing with him.
Awesome Jammies, and cool birth story too. I never knew you had a c-section. Looks like lots of fun!
Post a Comment