Here's our update.....
1) Eliza potty trained herself this week. I really like this new self-cleaning model. It can't be beat. She was so excited to give all her diapers to "baby cray-cray", a little boy of the woman who babysat the kids this summer.
2) Ian started swim lessons this week. He LOVES them, even though he was scared at first. He has a nice teacher who lets him have a lot of fun.
3) Mike bought some awesome skis and we are getting excited to do some winter sports this year.
4) My Christmas shopping is almost done!
5) I am signing up for my first race, a 5K Turkey Trot in American Fork. Any joiners?
13 comments:
LOVE the costumes! Done with Chrsitmas shopping??? You are amazing. I would think about doing the 5K with you if I didn't think I would be humiliated. Next year??
Adorable Halloween costumes. I won't run with you but I would totally sit on the side and cheer you on (and maybe eat a bagel and have hot chocolate.) Cute kids.
When is this Turkey trot? Rich and I are game! Give us a call, or send off an email, or yell...really really loudly...
I will run with you.
I will also run with you...especially because it is in my hometown which probably won't require getting up too early. I may need some hot chocolate and a cupcake waiting for me at the finish line...could that be arranged? Email, call...what do I need to do?
LOVE the costumes!
I'll watch the kids while you two run and that is about the limit of my being fit. How do you do all these things by the way? I don't remember accomplishing so much when I had little kids. You all amaze me
okay, another comment. what kind of skis did Mike get? Cross country I am asuuming? Skate or classic? Matt just got some too, and needs someone to go with. Do you guys snow shoe? we have some for us and the kids, and it would be so fun to go with you guys and see some new trails.
This year we are trying something new. We found a yurt that we reserved in January...we will see how that goes!
Ok - just to clarify some things.... the turkey trot is on thanksgiving day at 8 am. (I am assuming Janae and Jan won't be around even though thanks for the offer!) It is through fleet feet store in American fork. You can sign up online at active.com or in their store. We are going to be at my sister's house in pleasant grove for thanksgiving, that's why I chose a race down there! I've convinced two of my sisters and Mike to do it with me so far. It should be fun!
Jessica-Mike bought back country skis that can be used as cross country. I'm sure he would love to go with Matt. We've snow shooed a little bit, pulling the kids in a sled (if you remember the post on the family blog from last January, you'll remember it didn't end well...)I think a Yurt sounds fantastic, I think it will go great.
I would run the 5K with you if I weren't great with child:) That sounds like lots of fun. You will have to do one up this way this summer and I will try and be in shape by then-- of course you will be running marathons by then!!
What finlly made Eliza wanna do the deed?
Great costumes! Congrats to Eliza! Sounds like good times!
That's totally awesome Eliza potty trained herself! Have fun on the Turkey run!
There was alot to catch up on! The skies will be fun for you guys. I think the turkey trot will be fun also! One of these days I will get it together and run a 5k too. It was fun taking the kids around trick or treating togerher. They looked great in their costumes! I think that is awesome that Eliza is potty trained and glad it worked out so quickly. We are still working on Sadie. She will get there though!
Post a Comment