Sunday, January 29, 2012

Fashion Show or Someone Please Take That Child to the Hairdresser...

 Eliza has been growing out of her dresses at an alarming rate! Today I remembered that I had some dresses from when I was little in a small suitcase in the garage so I got them out. I forget how lucky we are to have elastic! These 100% cotton things have no give whatsoever and I was scared that she was going to bust the seams in them when she was running and tumbling through the house!

Thank goodness she has better hair than me.
 I love how she poses in the pictures. I don't think we look too much alike. I had a crooked eye (like Ian!) I had a hairstyle that was obviously done by myself! I was a whole lot shorter than her, this picture in the yellow dress was my first grade school picture and it barely fits her at 4!


 Ian couldn't resist jumping in front of the camera a few times. They were so bored today they begged me to call some cousins over. I tried to explain that everyone is far away and it takes lots of planning to have family over but they don't like my excuses. Anybody want to come visit and entertain them?? Otherwise we will have to have another fashion show next week.

10 comments:

SP said...

Isn't that Ian in the first photo with a brown wig?

Those are cute dresses. I love that you have them for her. We'd love to playl How nice that would be if we could just send our kids to each other's houses.

Josie and Wayne said...

How fun! I wish I had some of my old dresses to try on my girls.

Jangs said...

Cute dresses. How fun that she fits them. Is she going to be really tall? Fun to see the kids. I love the posts of your pictures next to her. Amazing how time flies huh? So cute

Kandace Welch said...

I can't believe you still have dresses from when you were little!

Emma Jo said...

I love it! The dresses are adorable and the hair, just pretty much awesome.

michaelstubbs said...

Oh sure, but when I want to take pictures of the kids in the dresses I wore when I was little...I'm weird.

Julie said...

Oh my-- you make me laugh, Mike. Wendy-- I love the hair!! I have some nice hairdos that may just rival those-- and my toothless, crooked teeth make the do's even worse. That is so great you saved the dresses! She is tall!!

Helms Family said...

That is so fun!! I love seeing pictures of you when you were young!!The dresses are cute too!

mo said...

I can't believe you have pictures of yourself in all the dresses you saved--how neat is that? She looks darling--vintage is very in, you know.

A.R. Krieger said...

Fashion show! Great idea, taking that one. You make me laugh!! I love when people come over to entertain my kids too. Love the memories. Very fun.