Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I can't believe April is here!

After months and months of anticipation and list making.... Eliza finally turned 6! She is growing up so fast. She is doing great in Kindergarten but likes to put up a fight each morning about going!










Her birthday also was the first day of Ian & Eliza's rock climbing class! They had a lot of fun going up and down the wall and playing games.



 We just finished up Spring break here in Idaho. We spent it at home with a few outings around town. Mike took the kids to a cave, we went to the playground, played with friends and finished up with a swimming excursion to Blackfoot pool.

And this coming Saturday officially marks one year since I didn't die! (I seriously sobbed through the Downton Abbey when Sybil dies because I kept thinking "that could have been me!!") Finn has been so strong since he was born my little 4 pound baby. He hasn't had more than a runny nose all winter despite being exposed to strep throat and RSV multiple times. 

 His brother and sister fight over him constantly but I wouldn't have it any other way. He crawls and climbs everywhere and I can't walk through the grocery store without everyone stopping to googoo gaga at him every 5 feet! Can you blame them?
 We are getting excited for the summer! Mike is running like crazy getting ready for his big 50 miler. We are also planning some camping trips and a lot of sleeping in (yeah right!) We are working on expanding the garden and some spring cleaning. This kind of sounds like a Christmas letter. Happy Springtime to you and yours!!

p.s. Happy Birthday to Aunt Julie too! !

11 comments:

Mel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mel said...

Your kiddos are so cute!! I'm looking forward to summer too. I hope you guys have a wonderful spring.

Jangs said...

Wow Eliza wasn't kidding when she said the climbing was hard! And may I add I am glad you didn't die . I had trouble with that episode of downtown Abby too. Had a pit in my stomach for two days. And Finn is so oooooo cute

Josie and Wayne said...

Isn't it funny how kids can't wait to go to school and then they can't wait until it's over? I'm ready for summer break! Finn is adorable.

Jessica said...

Umm, yea, I totally was thinking about you when I watched Downton Abby....crazy. And, seriously, your Finn is simple adorable! Where are you going to go camping this summer? And where and when is Mike's big run??
are you tired of all my questions yet:)

missy said...

Happy Day for all! I wish that we weren't moving at the beginning of summer, so we could do at least one camp trip..

Kandace Welch said...

I'm so glad you're family is having so much fun too! It's great to have such nice weather to be able to go outside and do stuff. Happy birthday to all, we're really glad you and Finn didn't die!

Julie said...

Ya-- add me to the cryers list-- I thought, "That could have been Wendy!!" Thank heavens for modern medicine! I can't believe that little gal is SIX! That rock climbing looks so fun-- I am impressed, and I want to scoop up Finn and give him a big kiss-- he is so darn cute.

michaelstubbs said...

I want to go to rock climbing class too.

Kendra said...

Your daughter is a mini Wendy!! Such a cutie. I wish my kiddos could go to a rock climbing class- that is so cool!
I took swimming lessons in the Blackfoot pool when I was a little kid!
And Im glad you didn't die! Seriously, thank goodness for modern medicine.

Fort Family said...

Looks like you had a fun-filled spring break! Wish we could have joined you! ;) And P.S.....I love Downton Abbey!But I've only seen the first season.... Another one I watched an episode of is "Call of the Midwife" That one put me in tears......I think I will watch that some more!