Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Winter Fun

It seems that everybody stops blogging during the cold winter months! I hope it is because everybody is too busy playing in the snow. One day in January we took an excursion to Ashton Idaho and cross country skied into Lower Mesa Falls. They close the road to cars and let skiers and snowmobilers take over.


 We spent about 5 hours skiing, with a few snack and cocoa breaks.
 You can see a bit of the waterfall to the right of Ian.
 The kid's were super troopers. They worked so hard and were happy most of the time. Finn's frustration was that he wanted to walk but we kept sticking him back in the sled!




Finn is changing in growing up so much! We were surprised recently to notice that our blue-eyed baby has been replaced by a little green eyed monster! Where did those green eyes come from?? 

8 comments:

Mel said...

I have a kiddo whose eyes changes color, more blue sometimes and other times more green/blue. I love the pics of eating the snow!

Kandace Welch said...

YEAH for green eyes. My eyes changed colors for years until my late teens when they finally stayed green. Plus we have those same snowflake sheets and pillowcase! By the way, I've made a resolution to blog more this year and I've been doing pretty well, thanks for commenting!

michaelstubbs said...

Who is that man in tights?

Julie said...

We're MEN! We're men in tights....we roam around the woods looking for fights!

Strap some skiis on that little guy!!! You guys have fun!

Abby said...

You guys are hard core! I am super impressed you all went for five hours. And the fact you had FUN is even better!

Jangs said...

I miss you all! Your pictures are so great. You all really know how to have adventure! Finn is changing fast. Tell Ian I am on book 7 of the rangers.

Nae said...

Aw, fun! It's great to see everyone growing up and having a blast. And good for you, blogging and all! It's fun to have something new to read. :)

Josie and Wayne said...

Wow, that looks like fun! I only wish we had snow to play in around here, so can't use that as an excuse. I'm just having a hard time blogging any more.